Need Help on Cue ID??

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
This cue has got me stumped. Ringwork looks like production but butt cap and bumper looks like custom even old early 70's joss. the wrap appears to be old cortland linen. The pin inserts on shaft doesnt look typical for cheap asian production and unusual to have 2 shafts for cheap player. comes with old fellini style case.
124734433_3478966302220155_6378367571058091474_n.jpg
124749453_695242194736055_7293943777609336464_n.jpg
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe Ritchie Florence cue,,,
OR Gus Szamboti friend / relative used to make cues like that"
Dale Patten

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
crazy thing too if it was a production it wouldnt it be common for joint and butt ringwork to match but its slightly different below joint. Has alternating 1 dashes and 2 smaller dashes below joint. @ RSmith Yes appears to be. I was looking at that. Im going to have to get pic of ferrules from the guy selling it. Hope So.

Last edited:

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the joint pine is backing out. Have you taken the bumper off?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Kmart cue, you'll find a square of wood hammered into the buttsleeve. The ringwork isn't different, it's a cracked maple dash. Actually cracked.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Could be a frankenstein cue lol someone took a cheap production and replaced buttcap and wrap. Hard to tell anything not having the cue in hand. heck the case might be the money. If they put old westinghouse micarta ferrules on it then im down.;) waiting on additional pics.

It is likely yellow plastic, will probably sand white again. If that is micarta, then hot damn!

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd buy it just because i like the forearm. no clue on an id, though. if ferrules are micarta i'd definitely be all over it.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
The guy wont ship it and says he doesnt do paypal. Im about to make a road trip.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I reached out to Scott Gilmore, one of two people in the country that Richard has authorized to work on his cues. (Scott did an outstanding job on a refinish and rewrap of my Bushka that Richard made for me. I played with a couple of Scott's cues, and both played pretty similar to my Bushka. I've ordered four of his cues to have at the house for guests...and me!)

This was Scott's comment:

It could be, he did do a design like it. But the joint pin doesn’t look right. I’d have to see it to make that call.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I reached out to Scott Gilmore, one of two people in the country that Richard has authorized to work on his cues. (Scott did an outstanding job on a refinish and rewrap of my Bushka that Richard made for me. I played with a couple of Scott's cues, and both played pretty similar to my Bushka. I've ordered four of his cues to have at the house for guests...and me!)

It could be, he did do a design like it. But the joint pin doesn’t look right. I’d have to see it to make that call.
That's what stopped me from being all-in on it being a RB, that pin. Never seen a Black with a pin like that and i've owned a few of them.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
That's what stopped me from being all-in on it being a RB, that pin. Never seen a Black with a pin like that and i've owned a few of them.

It is a 5/16x18. I think he did very few with the pin. Butt is 28.5 and shaft is 29.5. What is unusual too is that the pin is about 3/16" longer than normal. Also something strange is it has something under the wrap. The wrap is pressed very tight. The ferrules are not ivory or linen based. just a thermoplastic. the ringwork is linen based above and below the decor maple dash rings. The place where i thought the maple dash was separated or crack appears to be a mark possibly to line up ringwork to shaft. The butt has about an ccard rollout and one shaft is straight and other has some lift. The guy i got it off of said it had been in his poolroom in his basement since about 86 or 87, no wonder. said he had traded for it and dont know how old it was before that.. If its not still has some insane birdseye to bad the cue was slightly damaged from neglect. https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill

Attachments

• IMG_20201201_143439[1].jpg
    IMG_20201201_143439[1].jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited: