what your recommendation for jump cue?

DrewRgnr

Registered
I'm looking for a jump cue that has a short butt while has an extension if I'm going to shoot a long jump and allow me to get more height with less effort. And I am thinking of getting the Players HXT-P jump/break cue, but another opinion would be welcome, thanks!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can possibly try the jump break cues before that would be idea. Some of them break well but may we weighted in a way that it isn't easy to dart jump. I think Meucci has a 3 piece jump cue as well as the propel. From my experience the Stinger from McDermott breaks and jumps well, both dart and pendulum. If you have good jump fundamentals, then you should be able to jump with any jump cue made today. McDermott has a jump for for $90 that works just fine. That is the cue that I teach people with. Good luck with your search!

DrewRgnr

Registered
If you can possibly try the jump break cues before that would be idea. Some of them break well but may we weighted in a way that it isn't easy to dart jump. I think Meucci has a 3 piece jump cue as well as the propel. From my experience the Stinger from McDermott breaks and jumps well, both dart and pendulum. If you have good jump fundamentals, then you should be able to jump with any jump cue made today. McDermott has a jump for for $90 that works just fine. That is the cue that I teach people with. Good luck with your search!
So I have tried jump shot just using shorter house cue with hard tip and using my break shaft which is a regular maple shaft with phenolic tip. My question is can I just buy custom jump butt and use with my break shaft or I should use a specific shaft that design for jump?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have tried jump shot just using shorter house cue with hard tip and using my break shaft which is a regular maple shaft with phenolic tip. My question is can I just buy custom jump butt and use with my break shaft or I should use a specific shaft that design for jump?
Phenolic tip will do you fine, but if you are getting a production cue, you are getting a whole cue and you aren't picking a pin type either.

I love my sledgehammer. Jumping with it is like cheating. Some say it is more than like.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Phenolic tip will do you fine, but if you are getting a production cue, you are getting a whole cue and you aren't picking a pin type either.

I love my sledgehammer. Jumping with it is like cheating. Some say it is more than like.
X2. I don't jump often and mostly get lazy and use my shooter but if it really counts I'll grab the sledge. Like it better on house cloth than my own though. :giggle:

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If that shaft is a 3/8-10 joint then McDermott does sell a jump handle.

Like will all of pool, go with what works. If you can jump with that break shaft and put a handle on it, then go for it. The only issue is that you are doing to have to break down your break cue and put the handle on every time for a jump shot. You have some options, which is always nice.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Realistically, the kind of shaft that is optimum for a break cue is not optimum for a jump cue.
The break shaft wants to be stiff and solid--so it can deliver all of the stroke energy into the CB
The jump shaft wants to be light--so it can deflect out of the way of the rising CB

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
X2. I don't jump often and mostly get lazy and use my shooter but if it really counts I'll grab the sledge. Like it better on house cloth than my own though. :giggle:
Truth.

I'll admit I haven't used mine at home for a loooong time.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Just a jump cue the lucasi l2000jc is a good one. Not expensive, and easy to jump with.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I remember seeing Robin Dobson I think was the lady name, every year at BCAPL thing in Las Vegas, She would demo her Jump Cues. Forg & Tadpol were the names. They worked like magic, because she was the Magican doing the magic.

Think jump a ball is a skill you learn from the "P" Word, ..............................practice, practice practice. Time invested in practice ='s ability to JUMP WELL.