Marking Simonis

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there a black marker of some kind that I can use that won't bleed on Simonis 860? I had used the Sharpie retractable fine rollerball in the past but that bled out some.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I use a regular sharpy and have no issues. Even have a Silver sharpy for darker colors. How about :
  • Tailor's Chalk.?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
You have to be careful since it's a sharpie, but I found a pink sharpie in my wife's craft room that looks quite nice on it. It's just a regular sharpie, not extra fine or anything. It blends in with simonis tournament blue so it's not distracting at all, but the marks are there when you need them.

EDIT: Don't tell her I stole her marker! 😆

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get this very fine tip Taylor chalk pencil - available at Amazon. Far better than using a permanent sharpie where you better not make a mistake, plus in most cases the line will be too thick/wide. No problem if you make a mistake with the Taylor chalk, just wipe off with a damp rag and start over when dry. Ok - it’s not a permanent line - you may have to remark after a few months. The thin line makes for a very nice, professional look.

Attachments

• ADE6A80B-9B48-4A5C-9B69-1CDEF931E763.jpeg
    ADE6A80B-9B48-4A5C-9B69-1CDEF931E763.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 116

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get this very fine tip Taylor chalk pencil - available at Amazon. Far better than using a permanent sharpie where you better not make a mistake, plus in most cases the line will be too thick/wide. No problem if you make a mistake with the Taylor chalk, just wipe off with a damp rag and start over when dry. Ok - it’s not a permanent line - you may have to remark after a few months. The thin line makes for a very nice, professional look.
Thanks. I think this is what I'm looking for. I don't mind re-marking periodically.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you mark your cloth, what is the purpose? Ignorant of this.
Most markings are for the purpose of showing the outside of the rack outline to aid in playing 14.1/Straight Pool. I also mark a line from the footspot that aids in spotting balls and racking accurately. Not necessary at all, but I also like to draw a line across
173A0E42-576A-45C6-986E-FEF68640D0C5.jpeg
at the second diamond to signify the kitchen.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
The line from the foot spot to the middle diamond of the foot rail is also helpful for getting all types of racks straight. (For non-14.1 players) ;)
I like drawing that one, and the kitchen line.