Mosconi 526 Stop the Steal

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn’t ... No one here can run 100 balls daily let alone 200 so that would mean no one on this forum is qualified to say the video is legit. Which is just silly.

My point was that it takes a 14.1 player to be able to give due attention and scrutiny to a lengthy run.

If you like and play the game well, you'll be into it. Otherwise it's like asking someone who does not play 1pocket to watch an hours long Nick Varner wedge end game.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Talk about Nick’s wedge end game, how about this.
I have watched two older 14.1 players numerous times rack one rack of 14.1 on a 50x100 GCIII.
They start with a normal defensive break from behind the head string.
Then they play the open balls off the table, each player taking one corner pocket, just like one pocket.
Then they would break out two or three more balls from the rack and play them into their corner pocket, just like one pocket.
They would continue with this procedure until all fifteen balls were pocketed.
They would then rack fifteen balls and continue to play the same game for five or six hours, two days a week.
Okay Radar, post your Fargo Rating, maybe someone will be willing to make a game with you. Just be honest. You pretend to know a lot about pocket billiards.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn’t ... No one here can run 100 balls daily let alone 200 so that would mean no one on this forum is qualified to say the video is legit. Which is just silly.
On that exact point, I'm a great fan of JS and his amazingly high runs, but I recall John himself once questioning Lou's right, knowledge (or ability) to comment on any of John's run. Here was my (2013) reply to Schmidt on that foolish comment:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by john schmidt

Lou whats your high run again,it must be in the 300 range because you're way to opinionated about high runs if u aren't a highly skilled player.

-------------------------------------------------------
John,

With all due respect to your tremendous playing ability (I've got, and greatly benefit from 3 of your Straight Pool DVDs) I think your above comment to Lou is not only way out of line, but fundamentally illogical.

I'm old enough to have heard several decades of extremely "opinionated" statements pro and con regarding the possibility of any baseball batter ever breaking the 60 homeruns record. Thousands of comments from amateur ball players, and assorted barber shop "sweators" who'd be lucky to hit 3 homeruns during their lifetime, but nonetheless knew respectworthy volumes about the game they loved (and about the past and current capabilities of any of its most talented professional-level players.

This seems to me a fair analogy that properly shows the essential oddness of your question to Lou about his own 14.1 skills and your implied irrelevance of *any* comments he might make about high runs.

Arnaldo
-------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo (Dec 14, 2020)

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
On that exact point, I'm a great fan of JS and his amazingly high runs, but I recall John himself once questioning Lou's right, knowledge (or ability) to comment on any of John's run. Here was my (2013) reply to Schmidt on that foolish comment:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by john schmidt

Lou whats your high run again,it must be in the 300 range because you're way to opinionated about high runs if u aren't a highly skilled player.

-------------------------------------------------------
John,

With all due respect to your tremendous playing ability (I've got, and greatly benefit from 3 of your Straight Pool DVDs) I think your above comment to Lou is not only way out of line, but fundamentally illogical.

I'm old enough to have heard several decades of extremely "opinionated" statements pro and con regarding the possibility of any baseball batter ever breaking the 60 homeruns record. Thousands of comments from amateur ball players, and assorted barber shop "sweators" who'd be lucky to hit 3 homeruns during their lifetime, but nonetheless knew respectworthy volumes about the game they loved (and about the past and current capabilities of any of its most talented professional-level players.

This seems to me a fair analogy that properly shows the essential oddness of your question to Lou about his own 14.1 skills and your implied irrelevance of *any* comments he might make about high runs.

Arnaldo
-------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo (Dec 14, 2020)
What is your point here? I'm not suggesting you don't have one, I just don't know what it is. Whether the opinion of an average player is valid or invalid is just a distraction from the actual topic here. I don't care if John, Lou, Danny, or anyone else wants to use that as a criteria. The issue is whether the accusations against John have any substance to them and so far all we see is speculation, distraction, shuck'n and jive'n. Even if John came out and said that in his opinion a person needs to run 217 balls before their opinion matters...so what?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is your point here? I'm not suggesting you don't have one, I just don't know what it is. Whether the opinion of an average player is valid or invalid is just a distraction from the actual topic here. I don't care if John, Lou, Danny, or anyone else wants to use that as a criteria. The issue is whether the accusations against John have any substance to them and so far all we see is speculation, distraction, shuck'n and jive'n. Even if John came out and said that in his opinion a person needs to run 217 balls before their opinion matters...so what?

Well, at least a 200+ runner would put us closer to a HOF player :- )

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, at least a 200+ runner would put us closer to a HOF player :- )

Lou Figueroa
I think we can all agree you are the 2nd best, non nutty 14.1 player- holdout on the 626.

Of course, it was determined by john that you aren't qualified to comment on hi-runs, so off to the bca table for you.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we can all agree you are the 2nd best, non nutty 14.1 player- holdout on the 626.

Of course, it was determined by john that you aren't qualified to comment on hi-runs, so off to the bca table for you.

I must demur to at least 3rd place with BC and DH far in front of moi.

Lou Figueroa
but TY for
the thought