Video of me shooting around for 30 minutes.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found this on a laptop and had forgotten I recorded it, I don't remember when, maybe 3-6 months ago. I had just got done practicing for a bit and decided to just shoot around and have some fun and bang some balls around.

Feel free to critique (I'll take whatever you throw my way) but as mentioned, completely just banging balls around for a while and who knows why I did this or that.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found this on a laptop and had forgotten I recorded it, I don't remember when, maybe 3-6 months ago. I had just got done practicing for a bit and decided to just shoot around and have some fun and bang some balls around.

Feel free to critique (I'll take whatever you throw my way) but as mentioned, completely just banging balls around for a while and who knows why I did this or that.

Do I see hardwood and socks/ no shoes?

You are a madman.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice pace
Smooth
Good stroke
Very good

Thanks, I was pretty warmed up but pretty tired. Had been playing/practicing for quite a while.

Looked like a good bit of non-chalanting around that table and table seems to be on the slow side.

I suffer from both those at home too.

LOL, yep, just banging the balls around, I can do that for hours. And yeah, it's getting a little slow. Cloth is about 1.5 years old but I haven't kept it that clean.

Do I see hardwood and socks/ no shoes?

You are a madman.

LOL, I can't stand the sound of shoes if no music. When people are here and we're playing I wear shoes.

That’s what I was thinking! You must not like rum like I do, or you have considerably better balance because I would bust my ass.

LOL, wasn't drinking...yet :)

I am reluctant to comment. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Feel free to say anything you'd like, I will not be offended.

Pretty solid shooting.

Thanks...👍

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's funny, I actually think I figured out where my draw shot went by watching this. I used to be able to draw fairly well but recently I noticed it's gone away and long draw shots are unpredictable. I noticed my hand is too far forward on the butt and I'm poking the ball.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's funny, I actually think I figured out where my draw shot went by watching this. I used to be able to draw fairly well but recently I noticed it's gone away and long draw shots are unpredictable. I noticed my hand is too far forward on the butt and I'm poking the ball.
I noticed you have a special Blue Triangle up on top of the cabinet in the corner. I have one of those too-Dad.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, you asked for it.

I think you look uncomfortable. You wonder around the table with not much of a goal or a rhythm. Now, I will give you credit in that it’s not like you were playing rotation or trying to run an 8 ball rack. So I get that. However, when I see a stroke like this, it’s a total give away that the main game is a bar box. It’s a poke stroke. When you pull the trigger it is reminiscent of a bar box player where the stroke is not a fluid follow through. You are timing the hit of the cue ball to align with your stroke. And anyone who plays good 9’ games knows you can’t do that for long and progress your game. If you watch the greats you will see that nice un-anticipated follow through. Meaning watch Keith McCreedy play then watch those like Varner, Efren, Buddy Hall or Kim Davenport or any of the greats today and you will see that nice follow through. Keith was or is a strange duck in that regard and could still play great. Don’t worry not trying to compare the stroke you have with Keith. Players like Keith are far and in between that stroke the way he does and become top players. You don’t have a bad stroke. You make balls but, I would be willing to bet that if something made you nervous, being the game or the money, that your stroke probably wouldn’t hold up. It’s my 47 years of experience playing the game that lets me come up with my 2 cents.

PS. I thought you would be older and bigger based on the persona you try to project.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your forearm seems forward of perpendicular at address
But it seems to work for you

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re obviously a good shooter, but I also noticed you do have a short pop follow through and even recoil your fist and cue backwards. That might be what’s causing your difficulty on longer draw shots.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You shoot a really good game and I’m always hesitant about giving advice about anything, especially on the internet, but I really think you can benefit from a more structured practice program. I suggest reading the book “Play Great Pool”, by Mark Wilson, and also mix in some good fundamental stroke training from Bert Kinister’s videos. Those guys are geniuses. Pool is a mental game. Rolling balls out and banging around are fine when the nephews and nieces are over, but too much of that develops bad habits.

Thank you for your service.

Last edited: