Extension for Tascarella

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who makes an extension for a Tascarella cue, one that screws into the butt not one that screws into the shaft. I have been reading a round and read that the Tascarellas don't usually make extensions. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Also will the cue have to be hoppe style or will with a bumper work? Or does this depend on who makes the extension?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a better forum to ask in? Need one possibly for them stretch shots.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since no one else has responded, I will take a stab.

I suggest you find a cue maker willing to adapt the Tasc to accommodate a Predator extension. Currently I am having a cue built by Paul Drexler from a Davis blank. It's a Hoppe-style cue and I've asked him that the cue have an extension and that's what he's doing.

Lou Figueroa

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I suggest you find a cue maker willing to adapt the Tasc to accommodate a Predator extension. Currently I am having a cue built by Paul Drexler from a Davis blank. It's a Hoppe-style cue and I've asked him that the cue have an extension and that's what he's doing.

Lou Figueroa
How hard is it for a cuemaker to switch the bumper to any of the bumpers you can put an extension in to? Whether it be Predator, Mezz, Jacoby, etc?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to Paul Drexler and he said he could convert it for about $100, sounds pretty good to me.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

I have two cues coming that both have the Predator extension. One is a PFD mystery cue, other a Treadway. Great piece of advice

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who makes an extension for a Tascarella cue, one that screws into the butt not one that screws into the shaft. I have been reading a round and read that the Tascarellas don't usually make extensions. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Also will the cue have to be hoppe style or will with a bumper work? Or does this depend on who makes the extension?
I have one from Blokid. Send me a PM, and I’ll send you photos.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the Predator extension alter the look of the cue at all? I haven't ever had an extension on a cue, but I've been starting to play one pocket on 9 footers and there are times I need the extra length and I'm not a huge fan of the bridge.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the Predator extension alter the look of the cue at all? I haven't ever had an extension on a cue, but I've been starting to play one pocket on 9 footers and there are times I need the extra length and I'm not a huge fan of the bridge.

You'd only be using it for single shot or maybe two and the extension is all black.

Who cares what it looks like?!

Lou Figueroa

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd only be using it for single shot or maybe two and the extension is all black.

Who cares what it looks like?!

Lou Figueroa
I meant will it change the look of the cue, not the extension, could care less what the extension looks like.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered one from Blokid after Fred's recommendation.

Blokid was great to work with, and made the extension to fit both of by tascs. He included a bumper for a traditional delrin butt and an allen bolt for a hoppe style tascarella.

Attachments

• 20210125_224437.jpg
    20210125_224437.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210125_224447.jpg
    20210125_224447.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 87

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered one from Blokid after Fred's recommendation.

Blokid was great to work with, and made the extension to fit both of by tascs. He included a bumper for a traditional delrin butt and an allen bolt for a hoppe style tascarella.
I think I’m going with a hoppe one, good to know he can do them.