Chris Robinson v. Danny Olson

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anybody watching this? They have had some tech problems, but it has been a good show. Danny Olson has been playing like a 800 Fargo.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was surprised to hear Billy Thorpe say he's known Danny since he was 12, and is without question, a top player.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was surprised to hear Billy Thorpe say he's known Danny since he was 12, and is without question, a top player.
I just checked to see if I could find out how old Olson is. The best I could find was that in mid-2011 he won the 18-and-under title in the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championship. That same year, Thorpe (who is now 24) won his second consecutive 14-and-under title.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just checked to see if I could find out how old Olson is. The best I could find was that in mid-2011 he won the 18-and-under title in the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championship. That same year, Thorpe (who is now 24) won his second consecutive 14-and-under title.
He just turned 28 a few days ago

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Very impressive by Danny so far. This appears to be an insurmountable lead.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scoring each day:
Day 1 -- 30 - 14​
Day 2 -- 40 - 29 (two-day total -- 70 - 43)​
Day 3 -- 30 - 22​
Total -- 100 - 65​

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AtLarge, I was hoping you were watching this. I saw a little over half of it, on each day. I’m guessing Danny’s break and run isn’t that phenomenal, but his win after a successful break is huge. He ran out well, but when it wasn’t there, he played a lot of really good lock up safes off the one.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey AtLarge, I was hoping you were watching this. I saw a little over half of it, on each day. I’m guessing Danny’s break and run isn’t that phenomenal, but his win after a successful break is huge. He ran out well, but when it wasn’t there, he played a lot of really good lock up safes off the one.
Sorry, I watched only a small part of this match.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Danny was runner up to Dechaine at the...I think it was the 2018 Super Billiards Expo so he’s definitely got game.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw Danny win against SVB, bar box eight ball, a couple of years after this. I don't know, but I guess, they have played a lot. Seems like Shane would likely be a big influence on his game.