Accu-Stats dreaming service on Vimeo no more?

marikian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Accu-Stats is pulling out of Vimeo for their streaming service. I got an email today that the videos are available till the end of March. That’s a bummer because they were putting together an impressive library.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Accu-Stats is pulling out of Vimeo for their streaming service. I got an email today that the videos are available till the end of March. That’s a bummer because they were putting together an impressive library.

Oh wow, that’s disappointing. I hope that the team at Accu-Stats is planning to change providers, not end the service.
The pool world would be forever harmed if Accu-Stats disbanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marikian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vimeo is not the best platform for the videos. It is really hard to get to the older downloads. Hopefully they move the service to YouTube.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
That is disappointing, I watch it all the time. I hope they have another strategy in mind for digital viewing and one I can easily stream to my TV. Going back to DVDs would be an unfortunate decision since I and many others do not own a Bluray player in an age where everything can be bought digitally.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is disappointing, I watch it all the time. I hope they have another strategy in mind for digital viewing and one I can easily stream to my TV. Going back to DVDs would be an unfortunate decision since I and many others do not own a Bluray player in an age where everything can be bought digitally.
I have hundreds of pool VHS tapes. I don’t think you can even buy a VHS player anymore.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take that back, you can still by VHS players at Walmart, Many look refurbished. I better buy one so I can watch my collection.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vimeo is not the best platform for the videos. It is really hard to get to the older downloads. Hopefully they move the service to YouTube.

The one problem with YouTube is video compression. Vimeo's quality is better than YouTube from a technical standpoint.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I have hundreds of pool VHS tapes. I don’t think you can even buy a VHS player anymore.
I still have some old VHS matches but no VHS player. I’ve been meaning to see if I can get them converted into a digital format.

I reached out to Pat and he is looking into this. It appears to be a mistake.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have some old VHS matches but no VHS player. I’ve been meaning to see if I can get them converted into a digital format.

I reached out to Pat and he is looking into this. It appears to be a mistake.
Are you far from Chicago? I might be able to help you out converting.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Are you far from Chicago? I might be able to help you out converting.
Sadly quite far, I’m up in Canada. Thank you for the offer though!

I got another response, it was indeed a mistake. However, you may need to resubscribe if it doesn’t automatically do so after your month expires.