SBE postponed

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super Billiards Expo has been postponed once again. This time until June 24-27. It will be reevaluated and announced April 15th. Bummed again.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Super Billiards Expo has been postponed once again. This time until June 24-27. It will be reevaluated and announced April 15th. Bummed again.
Yeah kinda figured this would happen with all the Covid stuff still going on here in PA. I started going back in 1993 & haven`t missed 1 yet. I will this year if it stays on the June date as I have a family wedding to attend. Kinda sucks but whatta ya going do about it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bit tough to have SBE with a 6 foot distance rule LOL you need to bump your way through people in almost every area at that show.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually it's closer to 2%, but after nearly 500,000 are dead most of us know what to do and what not to do.
Jay, I agree. 500,000 deaths in one year is pretty bad. However, many of those deaths were due to a car accident, heart attack, etc. My wife is a nurse practitioner; I’ve had to keep up with Covid information whether or not I wanted to. Due to reimbursement, many hospitals counted anyone who died with Covid as dying BECAUSE of Covid. Don’t forget the politics of this either. People are dying now due to flu or pneumonia. Having said this, even if the true deaths due to Covid was 200,000, that’s still way too many.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Jay, I agree. 500,000 deaths in one year is pretty bad. However, many of those deaths were due to a car accident, heart attack, etc. My wife is a nurse practitioner; I’ve had to keep up with Covid information whether or not I wanted to. Due to reimbursement, many hospitals counted anyone who died with Covid as dying BECAUSE of Covid. Don’t forget the politics of this either. People are dying now due to flu or pneumonia. Having said this, even if the true deaths due to Covid was 200,000, that’s still way too many.

You can check the CDC's excess mortality stats (which aren't based on cause of death) yourself to see that we've had around 500k extra deaths. It's the biggest spike in the death rate since WW1. That's a lot of car crashes.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And what evidence can you cite for this claim?

Gail is a nurse, with many friends and acquaintances who are in health care professions, and none of them are claiming anything like this. So besides anecdotal accounts, perhaps you could enlighten us with something resembling evidence?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all missed my point. Covid deaths had 2 components. One was the obvious political one. The other was money. “Ask FactCheck's conclusion: "Recent legislation pays hospitals higher Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients and treatment. We rate the claim that hospitals get paid more if patients are listed as COVID-19 and on ventilators as TRUE“. Did a hospital do this on purpose, probably not. But they did get more money. Were there an “extra” 500,000 death? The CDCs MMWR would have quickly pointed this out. I’m just saying many people died with Covid, not because of it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not surprised by this news but disappointed. Hopefully, SBE will take place in June, and if it will be safe to attend by then, I look forward to seeing some of my friends then and there.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politics?

Like the Capitol police office who didn't die from Trump supporters smashing him with a fire extinguisher. They knew that was false from day 1, yet they had him lie in state at the Capitol and used his death as a cornerstone of the impeachment.

If you believe everything the mainstream media tells you, you are going to have to get used to bring lied to.

For Covid the truth is somewhere in the middle. It will be with us for a year or more, hopefully devolving as it goes.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
And what evidence can you cite for this claim?

Gail is a nurse, with many friends and acquaintances who are in health care professions, and none of them are claiming anything like this. So besides antedotal accounts, perhaps you could enlighten us with something resembling evidence?

Lou Figueroa
So then you are in fact aware that many people who died from non Covid illness were listed as Covid deaths, right? It is because hospitals got paid more money for Covid related deaths. Those 2 points are facts that anyone cannot honestly deny unless they have never spoken to someone in the medical field. I dont know what other states are like but here in WI the hospitals are overwhelmed with Covid patients, they have been hanging around at about 20% capacity. There was one period where hospitals were at around 80%-90% capacity for a couple of weeks but it went down about as fast as it went up.

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will end up cancelled. Already trade shows that everyone in my industry thought would be back to normal are saying they will be virtual events. Thankfully, regional events with added money are still happening in states that are not still closed. I have been playing in about one per month for awhile now.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly I think Patrick is right. Hopefully only partly. I would imagine sometime around September is closer to realistic.

I've been waiting since last winter to test drive some CF shafts. I have the money and pocket burns to prove it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politics?

Like the Capitol police office who didn't die from Trump supporters smashing him with a fire extinguisher. They knew that was false from day 1, yet they had him lie in state at the Capitol and used his death as a cornerstone of the impeachment.

If you believe everything the mainstream media tells you, you are going to have to get used to bring lied to.

For Covid the truth is somewhere in the middle. It will be with us for a year or more, hopefully devolving as it goes.

He died of complications from being attacked while on duty.

He got hit with a fire extinguisher, may have been pepper sprayed, and who knows whatever else the mob did to him. Totally deserved the honor.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then you are in fact aware that many people who died from non Covid illness were listed as Covid deaths, right? It is because hospitals got paid more money for Covid related deaths. Those 2 points are facts that anyone cannot honestly deny unless they have never spoken to someone in the medical field. I dont know what other states are like but here in WI the hospitals are overwhelmed with Covid patients, they have been hanging around at about 20% capacity. There was one period where hospitals were at around 80%-90% capacity for a couple of weeks but it went down about as fast as it went up.

Gail and I have lots of friends and acquaintances in medicine.

And no one is reporting what you claim. In fact, the sentiment we've most often heard expressed from them is that the number is probably too low, from people who die but go undiagnosed, or are infected and discharged and die a few weeks later.

In any case, unlike you, I am not going to try and use anecdotal hearsay as "evidence."

Lou Figueroa

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My wife works for the largest healthcare provider in our state. She has been checking weekly Covid hospitalizations for almost the last year so my numbers are accurate. My friends wife is a nurse and her father is a Dr. who freely speak of the federal income hospitals receive for deaths related to Covid. If you know people in the medical field who will speak frankly with you this is common knowledge. For obvious reasons I will not include their names but I believe what they tell me.