Schon cue ID - a test

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy had this in his case last night (same guy as the J&J cue) and after telling me the story I thought I'd throw up a pick and see if anyone can guess the model number.

They aren't the best pictures because we were in a hurry so you get what you get.

IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a SP-10. Look closer at the inlay on the butt sleeve and you will see the difference. Slight difference on the forearm as well. Definitely not a SL20

The little triangles between the floating points, right above the wrap, are also different. The SL20 ones have a thinner, longer line on the top, the SL10 is a bit more stubby.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
“SP-10, maple”

That’s the quote from Evan. No particular reason why he would make it in maple vs Ebony. He’s a free spirit, that one. But I love his candid discussion on what he did. No reasons. No hidden meanings.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“SP-10, maple”

That’s the quote from Evan. No particular reason why he would make it in maple vs Ebony. He’s a free spirit, that one. But I love his candid discussion on what he did. No reasons. No hidden meanings.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

The funny part is, apparently Terry (Romine?) at Schon misidentified it as an SP22 but then somehow my buddy spoke with Evan and he explained to him what it was. I'm assuming you know Evan or communicate with him? If so, tell him Jerry B says hello and he's still using the cue as his daily player ;)

I don't have the exact year (all I got was early 90's) but there less than 50 SP-10's made that year. Most of them were SP-10E (ebony forearm) and there were less than 12 SP-10M's, which is what this is.

That was fun, was just seeing how good you guys are ;)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

The funny part is, apparently Terry (Romine?) at Schon misidentified it as an SP22 but then somehow my buddy spoke with Evan and he explained to him what it was. I'm assuming you know Evan or communicate with him? If so, tell him Jerry B says hello and he's still using the cue as his daily player ;)

I don't have the exact year (all I got was early 90's) but there less than 50 SP-10's made that year. Most of them were SP-10E (ebony forearm) and there were less than 12 SP-10M's, which is what this is.

That was fun, was just seeing how good you guys are ;)
Evan is on Facebook, which is how we converse (through Messenger). We've known each other for about 15 years or so. He's had this ongoing message of never understanding why people (Schon fans) make such a deal out of the different things he did. He gets both a laugh and clearly he gets annoyed. Like.. don't ever refer to that pin he used for a short time as an "Acme Pin." It isn't an Acme pin, and he gets vocal about it. LOL! I'd say he's one of the best cuemakers I ever did an article on, but the reality is that after a few weeks of planning, he opted out of having an article done on him for InsidePOOL Magazine way back then. Oh well. He's just a fun guy.

Whenever I ask him a question like, "What is this cue?," he has answers like immediately. When I asked about this cue (after it seemed nobody quite got what you were after), it couldn't have been 30 seconds when he answered. So, I cheated. I've always thought that if I could ask the man, then I'll ask the man rather than make $hit up.