SBE 2021 CANCELLED

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SBE announced it is cancelled until April, 2022.
Going to miss the action.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Are convention centers selling insurance in case of an epidemic next year?
This could vary from region to region.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best decision Alan could’ve made. I’ve never missed one but I am glad he canceled.Stay safe will see you next year hopefully

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My absolute favorite pool related event, sorry to hear the news. Business wise I think it would have been tough on the vendors. Between the people who would stay away out of caution and the lack of the TAP Rally in the Valley I think attendance would have been light. Not to mention that PA is being run by commies so I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

Two years now, I hope I can get an extension on my expiration date.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw a few players unhappy about the refund situation. They aren’t sending refunds to players that already paid till after the event in 2022.

Attachments

• CBCC3CAC-FD35-40BC-952B-C7B560FDF66F.jpeg
    CBCC3CAC-FD35-40BC-952B-C7B560FDF66F.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 146

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw a few players unhappy about the refund situation. They aren’t sending refunds to players that already paid till after the event in 2022.
SO Alan must be busted which is understandable given there are almost no TV Commentator gigs left, if any, but that notice is absurd. He apparently thought he had an annual guaranteed High Income Gig. The lesson is " Save as much money as you can, cause nothing is guaranteed."

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best decision Alan could’ve made. I’ve never missed one but I am glad he canceled.Stay safe will see you next year hopefully
Maybe - or maybe variants will be the next reason to shut everything down while millions from all over the world enter the nation and bring variants with them. MLB is allowed to have 1/3 capacity in Missouri but the local McDonalds still has areas roped off to limit indoor dining. 15,000 people can't spread the virus but 15 people can?

I'd be more confident if I thought the people making these decisions weren't just making it up as they go.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SO Alan must be busted which is understandable given there are almost no TV Commentator gigs left, if any, but that notice is absurd. He apparently thought he had an annual guaranteed High Income Gig. The lesson is " Save as much money as you can, cause nothing is guaranteed."
He had the nerve to post that it was “too time consuming” to send refunds. I guess he’s really busy the rest of the year......

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. My friend was told by Allen it’s to much work to give refunds. He’s fortunate enough that $700 doesn’t mean shit to him but to some people it does. he is more pissed at the reason Allen gave.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. My friend was told by Allen it’s to much work to give refunds. He’s fortunate enough that $700 doesn’t mean shit to him but to some people it does. he is more pissed at the reason Allen gave.
It's gonna be more work to give refunds a year from now so that makes no sense. I would bet a lot that he cant come up with the money until he gets some income next April for the first time in 3 years.. Besides doing the right thing far overrides the "too much work" excuse. Have you ever heard that excuse by any other business in any industry-It's too much work for us to refund you the money you spent for something you never received and we don't care that our reputation is shattered? Absolute Hogwash!

It is abundantly absurd and indicative of a shyster to even utter such words. He is using all the money to try to live out this year as he is BROKE. Just my logic induced opinion.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Operating in the red. The money is gone. Revenue from the event will cover refunds. There's worse things.
Absolutely the plan I am sure, but no guarantee next years event will happen either. Besides Covid there is always weather, fires, power outages and plenty more possibilities, remote as they may be. Not to mention he is 69 (younger than I) but HE isn't guaranteed to be on this earth next year either.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know that Alan gave everyone an opportunity several times to get their money refunded in the past few months.
I received my refund a couple of months ago.
My son got his refund 6 months ago.
I figured I could always register again if it was going to happen.