Do any pro players have youtube channels?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Years ago, the content creators used to make way more on YouTube but they screwed them about 5-7 years ago (some even took their channels down when it happened) more recently it is closer to $1 per 1000 views. They make most of their money away from YouTube anymore.
When I originally started this thread I had Danny Diliberto in mind due to the recent thread regarding his money problems. He probably isn't aware that he has more assets than he realizes in his own life experiences.

I've known Danny for close to 60 years. He's a terrific storyteller he's a raconteur. He can go put gas in his car and come back and tell you about it, it'll be the most interesting thing you ever heard and funny.

Pretty much everything through Danny's eyes when recounted is entertaining. He could do say a 30 or 40 minute video a week doing nothing more than telling stories and it would be must watch.

When I posted it that's what was in my mind, not so much somebody trying to get rich but let's be honest an extra thousand or more a month to Danny could be a life changer and we would all love it.

Because of his age it would be best done by taping it, just like everybody else does on YouTube and then editing it into its best usable content. I think it's far better than a go fund me and counting on the charity of others when you have something of value that people would be happy to pay for.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I originally started this thread I had Danny Diliberto in mind due to the recent thread regarding his money problems. He probably isn't aware that he has more assets than he realizes in his own life experiences.

I've known Danny for close to 60 years. He's a terrific storyteller he's a raconteur. He can go put gas in his car and come back and tell you about it, it'll be the most interesting thing you ever heard and funny.

Pretty much everything through Danny's eyes when recounted is entertaining. He could do say a 30 or 40 minute video a week doing nothing more than telling stories and it would be must watch.

When I posted it that's what was in my mind, not so much somebody trying to get rich but let's be honest an extra thousand or more a month to Danny could be a life changer and we would all love it.

Because of his age it would be best done by taping it, just like everybody else does on YouTube and then editing it into its best usable content. I think it's far better than a go fund me and counting on the charity of others when you have something of value that people would be happy to pay for.

I would agree, it's a great opportunity but in reality, making ANY money on YouTube is a crap shoot.

This doesn't apply to your thought process but here's my take on YouTube in general

I cut the cord WAY back in 2010 and have been primarily watching YouTube for daily news/content. The ex-wife and I have discussed starting a channel for sailing when we head that way, I have considered starting a channel for random stuff around the garage, expedition stuff, off-roading, motorcycle riding, etc. and here's what I came up with:

1) You have to have the equipment
2) You have to know how to use the equipment
3) You have to be able to tell a story (Danny apparently has that covered)
4) You need the drive to create content (it doesn't just happen).
5) You either WANT to be in front of that camera or you can force yourself to be in front of it
5) You need YouTube to monetize your channel.
6) You get to do that day in and day out for pennies.

After all those years of planning, thinking, studying, etc. I came to one conclusion - I'm not even going to bother because simply put, I could work half as hard doing something else I like while making enough money to survive.

All that being said, if he could follow the simple rule of guys like CJ Wiley, where he just grabs the camera and starts talking, he might do OK.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I would agree, it's a great opportunity but in reality, making ANY money on YouTube is a crap shoot.

This doesn't apply to your thought process but here's my take on YouTube in general

I cut the cord WAY back in 2010 and have been primarily watching YouTube for daily news/content. The ex-wife and I have discussed starting a channel for sailing when we head that way, I have considered starting a channel for random stuff around the garage, expedition stuff, off-roading, motorcycle riding, etc. and here's what I came up with:

1) You have to have the equipment
2) You have to know how to use the equipment
3) You have to be able to tell a story (Danny apparently has that covered)
4) You need the drive to create content (it doesn't just happen).
5) You either WANT to be in front of that camera or you can force yourself to be in front of it
5) You need YouTube to monetize your channel.
6) You get to do that day in and day out for pennies.

After all those years of planning, thinking, studying, etc. I came to one conclusion - I'm not even going to bother because simply put, I could work half as hard doing something else I like while making enough money to survive.

All that being said, if he could follow the simple rule of guys like CJ Wiley, where he just grabs the camera and starts talking, he might do OK.
You're leaving out the patreon part. I was watching box van Dee the other night. She did a live pop up for about 60 minutes. While she's on the air people ask questions and do different things and they also will make donations. It seem that the course of the hour she collected maybe $250.

It's not charity people enjoy watching her she's funny and I know she doesn't make a hell of a lot from YouTube and you're happy to kick in a few bucks. It doesn't have to be much people give as little as two or three dollars as much as $50. Nobody asks them to do it it's not at all required. Let's call it a tip. A guy like Danny would absolutely have patrons.

I also noticed that Niles on the right side of the screen has a permanent banner with sponsors that he probably himself gets, nothing to do with the YouTube people. He wears the longoni shirt all the time. There's lots of ways to monitorise yourself.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're leaving out the patron part. I was watching box van Dee the other night. She did a live pop up for about 60 minutes. While she's on the air people ask questions and do different things and they also will make donations. It seem that the course of the hour she collected maybe $250.

It's not charity people enjoy watching her she's funny and I know she doesn't make a hell of a lot from YouTube and you're happy to kick in a few bucks. It doesn't have to be much people give as little as two or three dollars as much as $50. Nobody asks them to do it it's not at all required. Let's call it a tip. A guy like Danny would absolutely have patrons.

I also noticed that Niles on the right side of the screen has a permanent banner with sponsors that he probably himself gets, nothing to do with the YouTube people. He wears the longoni shirt all the time. There's lots of ways to monitorise yourself.

Yep, should've mentioned Patreon with the other stuff, I was trying to focus on YouTube.

And I agree, it's not charity. YouTube has been my go to for most things over the last ten years, in reality, it's no different than watching TV and those actors are paid so why shouldn't the YouTuber's get paid.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Yep, should've mentioned Patreon with the other stuff, I was trying to focus on YouTube.

And I agree, it's not charity. YouTube has been my go to for most things over the last ten years, in reality, it's no different than watching TV and those actors are paid so why shouldn't the YouTuber's get paid.
Yup, I just fixed my 60 tv from youtube It had no picture. Parts were $49.99 and the channel even told where to buy them. All it took was 1 screw driver. Best Buy wanted $300.00 and I would have had to cart it over there. Youtube is an incredible resource.