Derby City Classic - What ball set to be used?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry my experience is much different. The plastic ones flex when trying to get a tight rack. The original Diamond wood triangles did not.
How hard do you push??? They've used them at DCC and not one that i heard of complained of this. We had one(someone nabbed it) at the 'hall and i thought it was fine. The insides don't compress over time either.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How hard do you push??? They've used them at DCC and not one that i heard of complained of this. We had one(someone nabbed it) at the 'hall and i thought it was fine. The insides don't compress over time either.
Hard enough to get a tight rack. Our club has them on all the tables. They do flex quite a bit compared to the wood ones.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
The plastic one from Diamond works, but feels way cheap compared to the wood ones. I'd want a wooden rack with a $9000 table, just saying.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured they would use the tournament set. I was mostly wanting to find out which cue ball. I am guessing either the black logo or the black measles ball?
I was told blue measles ball.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's a blue measle ball?
Well, it sounds like this:

CropperCapture[722].png

... but that's not an Aramith ball. The blue-spotted ball does claim:
  • The fully embedded 6 dots good for players easy to pot & control the ball
And it's cheap.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An October 2020 issue of Pool and Billiard magazine had an article on Diamond, Simonis and Aramith and I quote:

"Aramith Tournament Balls will be used at Diamond events including the revered Derby City Classic. These balls will be available to purchase with Diamond Tables with other Aramith options available."

To get a FREE one year online subscription, go to poolmag.com

You also get access to some archives. It took a few weeks before I got my email link to the current issue and archives.