Is this predator cue worth refinishing

Nyquil

Hey all so I had a 3k7 as my first cue. I should have never sold it. This cue looks well used. I have no experience with refinishing. Do you guys think the condition is good enough? My plan would be full refinish and change pin to radial (if possible) Also predator does refinishing but not sure if there are better people to send a job like this to. Any input as always would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-221745_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-221745_Facebook.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20210926-221823_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-221823_Gallery.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 171

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue looks to be in good shape and should be easy to refinish.
As for who should do it. Any good cue maker could refinish it for you but not all the cue makers I know like to refinish cues they didnt build.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imo, those early preds were the best looking so yes, of course. 5k4 is the nicest cue they ever did

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If the piloted joint locks up tight and the cue rolls straight, I wouldn't change it. YMMV

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see no reason to refinish it. At least not in the pics you included. Replace the pin? You didnt include why. After you refinish, you will also need a re wrap. By the time you put all that money into it, cheaper to find another used one. To much trouble for cue with no sentimental value. And flipping it would be a non profit deal also.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've had a few Predator cues refinished, and in some situations it is better to send the cue to Predator.
For instance if you have to lose the Predator logo or decal, or if you have to replace one of those weird wraps Predator would be a better deal.
There is always Proficient Billiard, Paul Drexler, Keith Josey, Jacoby etc.
Predator is probably less expensive than most shops.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
If you change the pin are you planning on changing the shaft ? Asking be Use i am wondering if you want to keep the same playability/hit.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another place that does extremely good work on Predators is Seybert's. Especially having a pin changed to radial.

Nyquil

I can see no reason to refinish it. At least not in the pics you included. Replace the pin? You didnt include why. After you refinish, you will also need a re wrap. By the time you put all that money into it, cheaper to find another used one. To much trouble for cue with no sentimental value. And flipping it would be a non profit deal also.
My revo shaft is radial and I prefer that pin type over uniloc much more secure connection imo. I agree this wouldn't be a profit flip. I would refinish it and keep it for as long as I own a table. I should have never sold my original one.

Nyquil

I've had a few Predator cues refinished, and in some situations it is better to send the cue to Predator.
For instance if you have to lose the Predator logo or decal, or if you have to replace one of those weird wraps Predator would be a better deal.
Did predator do a good job based on the cues toy have sent them in the past? Also their site mentions 250 and above how much did you normally have to pay?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s your best answer

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Excellent info. I have predator i bought used with a finish that looks weird all over.
It could not have come from the factory like that. Was looking for good options to prep it for sale.
Thanks for the thread and responses.