Cleaning diamond PRC rails

Nyquil

Anyone that has the PRC rails knows they can be a magnet for finger prints/oils from your hands etc. I am an avid detailer so I have a few products laying around. I used chemical guys invisible interior cleaner. You can use it on glass navigation screens, etc. Just sprayed it on a microfiber after dusting my rails off and worked well. Here are the results.

Also just got done throwing the balls in the diamond polisher. I use the meguiars cleaner wax per Glen's recommendation. They come out looking like this everytime. Love that thing. It's a must for these pro am tables imo.

Attachments

• 16332303068793291919337622896868.jpg
    16332303068793291919337622896868.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 16332303349859070023275748410915.jpg
    16332303349859070023275748410915.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 16332303604675503703394277447581.jpg
    16332303604675503703394277447581.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 207

Nyquil

Looks good Ny
Thanks GC, I am hoping this helps someone. I have seen a few comments of people worrying they ruined their PRC rails due to the type of cleaner they used and it ended up requiring them to buff it out to get rid of the streaking etc.

dtomasi

Registered
Thanks GC, I am hoping this helps someone. I have seen a few comments of people worrying they ruined their PRC rails due to the type of cleaner they used and it ended up requiring them to buff it out to get rid of the streaking etc.
Thanks for the post. Now I know what is safe to use. Up to now I've been using a micro fiber cloth and elbow grease.

Diamond27.jpg

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my Diamond professional, with cherry finished maple wood rails, I was having a nightmare with slimy/greasy looking fingerprints. Got on my wife and told her she was using too much hand cream. That didn't go over well. Was using Renaissance wax at the time, not only on the table, but also on some cue shafts. Decided to try a harder wax with out polishing ingredients in it as the Renaissance was actually picking up some of the finish color also when waxing. I now use Meguiars deep crystal Carnauba, that is not supposed to have any polishing agents, just wax. Virtually zero fingerprints now, and just occasionally wipe with a microfiber cloth. For those of you that are waxing your shafts with Renaissance, keep in mind that wax is an attracted of dirt and dust/chalk, and will actually get your shafts dirtier quicker, and you may want to try this Meguiars carnauba as it is a harder wax.

Attachments

• 20211003_094609.jpg
    20211003_094609.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 54

Nyquil

Thanks for the post. Now I know what is safe to use. Up to now I've been using a micro fiber cloth and elbow grease.

View attachment 611915
Ya I did that too for a couple weeks. Then decided that approach was a pain. I did try auto glass cleaner and that worked ok as well. I found that to be a little more messy getting onto the microfiber since it was a foam under pressure but it worked as well.

In typical chemical guys fashion they have like 5 interior cleaners here is the one I use.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all due respect to RKC and Diamond, I'd recommend not using car wax on the balls. Although they come out looking great, they are far too slick which affects the way they play. Waxed balls tend to slide, do not transfer spin as they should and roll further than they should. Proper products designed for use specifically on phenolic pool balls (by ball manufacturers) do not contain wax or silicone so proper play is maintained.

Nyquil

With all due respect to RKC and Diamond, I'd recommend not using car wax on the balls. Although they come out looking great, they are far too slick which affects the way they play. Waxed balls tend to slide, do not transfer spin as they should and roll further than they should. Proper products designed for use specifically on phenolic pool balls (by ball manufacturers) do not contain wax or silicone so proper play is maintained.
Glen said the Aramith stuff gums up the carpet quick. I know Tiger and a few other manufacturers make a set cleaner. They do come out slick but they don't stay that way for long in my experience. I haven't looked at the MSDS sheets to compare the difference.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen said the Aramith stuff gums up the carpet quick. I know Tiger and a few other manufacturers make a set cleaner. They do come out slick but they don't stay that way for long in my experience. I haven't looked at the MSDS sheets to compare the difference.
Yet car wax won't gum it up? Makes no sense. I use the Tiger Product and it gets them shiny but not slick. There's a big difference in the ingridients. You really don't want wax or silicone on pool balls. There's a reason trick shot artists use them on their ball sets. Automotive products contain both. The purpose made products do not.

Nyquil

Yet car wax won't gum it up? Makes no sense. I use the Tiger Product and it gets them shiny but not slick. There's a big difference in the ingridients. You really don't want wax or silicone on pool balls. There's a reason trick shot artists use them on their ball sets. Automotive products contain both. The purpose made products do not.
I haven't had an issue with it. The stuff dries out and almost turns into a powder with the left over residue. My next pool supply order I'll try the tiger stuff out and see if there is a big difference.

Nyquil

On my Diamond professional, with cherry finished maple wood rails, I was having a nightmare with slimy/greasy looking fingerprints. Got on my wife and told her she was using too much hand cream. That didn't go over well. Was using Renaissance wax at the time, not only on the table, but also on some cue shafts. Decided to try a harder wax with out polishing ingredients in it as the Renaissance was actually picking up some of the finish color also when waxing. I now use Meguiars deep crystal Carnauba, that is not supposed to have any polishing agents, just wax. Virtually zero fingerprints now, and just occasionally wipe with a microfiber cloth. For those of you that are waxing your shafts with Renaissance, keep in mind that wax is an attracted of dirt and dust/chalk, and will actually get your shafts dirtier quicker, and you may want to try this Meguiars carnauba as it is a harder wax.
Interesting result. Carnuba is usually a lot softer than the synthetic stuff. The lotion thing would drive me nuts.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but wrong. Remember the PlastX thread I started? I proved that Aramith ball Cleaner did indeed have wax in it.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but wrong. Remember the PlastX thread I started? I proved that Aramith ball Cleaner did indeed have wax in it.
You again? Show me where PlastiX (a polish) has the same amount of wax and silicone as Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Despite your rudimentary tests, I stand by my concept of using the products designed to be used with phenolic pool balls.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You again? Show me where PlastiX (a polish) has the same amount of wax and silicone as Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Despite your rudimentary tests, I stand by my concept of using the products designed to be used with phenolic pool balls.
Yes me again. I never left.

Go ahead and hear what you want to hear. You have a reading comprehension problem. So I'll copy and paste it again for you....

"Sorry but wrong. Remember the PlastX thread I started? I proved that Aramith ball Cleaner did indeed have wax in it.

Now.... you said not to use any product with wax. Again I'll copy and paste....

"Waxed balls tend to slide, do not transfer spin as they should and roll further than they should."

"You really don't want wax or silicone on pool balls."

" I stand by my concept of using the products designed to be used with phenolic pool balls."

According to the MSDS, Aramith does indeed have wax in it. And there is a rumor gong around that says it's made for pool balls. So Soluc does believe you are wrong.

Oh.... and I got a thumbs up from Dr Dave on my "rudimentary" test

Last edited:

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black balled, she wears a glove now, but told me in no uncertain terms that the fingerprints weren't from her using hand cream, and I dropped it there. I think carnauba is the hardest natural wax, it definitely is much less messy and slimy than Renaissance.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes me again. I never left.

Go ahead and hear what you want to hear. You have a reading comprehension problem. So I'll copy and paste it again for you....

"Sorry but wrong. Remember the PlastX thread I started? I proved that Aramith ball Cleaner did indeed have wax in it.

Now.... you said not to use any product with wax. Again I'll copy and paste....

"Waxed balls tend to slide, do not transfer spin as they should and roll further than they should."

"You really don't want wax or silicone on pool balls."

" I stand by my concept of using the products designed to be used with phenolic pool balls."

According to the MSDS, Aramith does indeed have wax in it. And there is a rumor gong around that says it's made for pool balls. So Soluc does believe you are wrong.

Oh.... and I got a thumbs up from Dr Dave on my "rudimentary" test

I read just fine, thanks.

I've played with balls that have been run through a Diamond polisher with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on several occasions and they play goofy. I've not had the same experience with Aramith Ball Cleaner or Tiger Products Ball Cleaner (which contains no silicone). I've not tried the PlastiX but if I recall correctly, it made the balls more tacky than dirty balls thus imparting MORE transfer of spin. Again, not ideal. To each their own, you can use what you want. Congrats on the Dr. Dave Gold Star.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read just fine, thanks.

I've played with balls that have been run through a Diamond polisher with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on several occasions and they play goofy. I've not had the same experience with Aramith Ball Cleaner or Tiger Products Ball Cleaner (which contains no silicone). I've not tried the PlastiX but if I recall correctly, it made the balls more tacky than dirty balls thus imparting MORE transfer of spin. Again, not ideal. To each their own, you can use what you want. Congrats on the Dr. Dave Gold Star.
No. It didnt. PlastX reduced throw by more then an inch. The Aramith reduced it by almost 1 1/2 Inches. Again, get it right.

But I do agree that there is such a thing as too much wax.