Carbon Fiber Shafts

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
what makes carbon fiber shafts any better than traditional wood shafts?
That’s all subjective, I play with both but more recently have been playing more with carbon fiber, certain shots do seem to take less effort I guess.

xX-Wizard-Xx

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
but how does it seem like less effort..... in both cases your pushing a ball with a stick. how can it be much different ...

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
kind of what i was thinking....its more sales hype ... benefits are probably negligeble
On my end I would say there is a noticeable difference from playing with wood shafts, I like the hit and for me there are shots that are a lot easier with the carbon fiber than with the wood shafts, but again, hit and feel is all subjective or you wouldn't have so many aftermarket shafts in general.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i see .... thanks for the info... i wasnt trying to be annoying aporeciate the insight.
No worries, best thing is find someone where you are playing that has a cf shaft and see if they will let you hit some balls. There is a difference for sure, just depends on if you like it or not.

drv

Registered
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
kind of what i was thinking....its more sales hype ... benefits are probably negligeble
It's definitely different from wood in the way apples are different from oranges. Neither better nor worse, but distinctly different - all things being equal.

Across different cf brands, well it's like types of apples :cool:

xX-Wizard-Xx

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's definitely different from wood in the way apples are different from oranges. Neither better nor worse, but distinctly different - all things being equal.

Across different cf brands, well it's like types of apples :cool:
lol ... still though i think most all of it (tips, shafts, chalk ect) is marketing gimmick to increase sales. i mean about the only variables involved could be shaft taper ... taper stiffness... and what type tip you have (soft medium hard ect)..... really comes does to skill of the player. just because SVB shoots with such and such doesnt mean going out and buying the same cue makes anyone any better. time and experience is the leading factor for that

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
lol ... still though i think most all of it (tips, shafts, chalk ect) is marketing gimmick to increase sales. i mean about the only variables involved could be shaft taper ... taper stiffness... and what type tip you have (soft medium hard ect)..... really comes does to skill of the player. just because SVB shoots with such and such doesnt mean going out and buying the same cue makes anyone any better. time and experience is the leading factor for that
I think more of the marketing and sales pitches are based on "deflection" while shaft tapers play right into preference tips can make a big difference while preference again plays large part. I install tips and do repair work locally and there is no way to stock every tip so I try to keep on hand what has worked well for me and what the locals tend to lean towards. Going back to the shafts, I'm not sure how many different shafts you have played with but there is differences, I've owned/sold a high number of custom and production cues and as stated above, a number of carbon fiber shafts. Best thing I could suggest is consistency, find something you like and stick with it. There are definitely differences though.