Where does SVB rank all time?

CasCraven

I would leave it to others to judge who has a problem comprehending a written text here..😐
Well, I clearly wrote 17 US Open titles, NOT 9ball. You incorrectly assumed I meant 9ball only. A perfect example of failing in reading comprehension. Going back a page on here, you went on the attack....AGAIN....reading comprehension was the issue.
I said "With a couple World titles.... and we are talking about the greatest 9ball player ever, no question." That went over your head, judging from your ridiculous response. And if the current #1 in the World does get 2 WC's....he will be Crowned the GOAT, no doubt. I wouldn't bet against him.
Have a great day! 😁😁😁

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I clearly wrote 17 US Open titles, NOT 9ball. You incorrectly assumed I meant 9ball only. A perfect example of failing in reading comprehension. Going back a page on here, you went on the attack....AGAIN....reading comprehension was the issue.
I said "With a couple World titles.... and we are talking about the greatest 9ball player ever, no question." That went over your head, judging from your ridiculous response. And if the current #1 in the World does get 2 WC's....he will be Crowned the GOAT, no doubt. I wouldn't bet against him.
Have a great day! 😁😁😁

by what measure is he the current #1?

CasCraven

ok. they also have david alcaide as #3
It's not an opinion poll. It's results and math!
You get points for certain international events. It's up to date. Yapp, having finished 2nd in US OPEN 9ball jumped in rankings to #2.
SVB lead over #2 is quite substantial.

VVP

Registered
Have a great day! 😁😁😁
I like Shane, but he is not the GOAT. At 38 he is hardly getting into finals. At that age, people like Efren, Earl etc were still dominating pool.

CasCraven

I like Shane, but he is not the GOAT. At 38 he is hardly getting into finals. At that age, people like Efren, Earl etc were still dominating pool.
I didn't say he's the GOAT.
Internationally, in 1999, would you say the competition was tougher then or now?

Last edited:

VVP

Registered
I didn't say he's the GOAT.
Internationally, in 1999, would you say the competition was tougher then or now?
Are you talking about the number of competitors or quality of the competitors then and now? Great players always find a way to win. Winning is what counts.

CasCraven

Are you talking about the number of competitors or quality of the competitors then and now? Great players always find a way to win. Winning is what counts.
Interesting debate to compare US Open 9ball in 1999 vs 2021. Which is tougher to win for the top American in each of those years?
Back then, I Archer was #1. He probably had 5 international stars to get by. 3 filipino's and 2 germans. The rest americans. Today, SVB is #1. But there are about 20 international players that can win. Last year or 2, Filler pretty tough at #1 in World.October/2021... He's ranked 12. And Biado, who just won the US Open....is 16th. Incredibly tough fields today.

Last edited: