Gold Crown 2 Ball Box installation

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you install the ball box to the table without removing the rails. My table was flooded and the ball box warped. I managed to get it off but don’t see how to put the new one back on without taking the rails off per the installation manual.

The table is level and the water didn’t reach the slate.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
How do you install the ball box to the table without removing the rails. My table was flooded and the ball box warped. I managed to get it off but don’t see how to put the new one back on without taking the rails off per the installation manual.

The table is level and the water didn’t reach the slate.
Remove one of the foot pockets, and then remove the foot apron on that side. Install the box, put the apron back on, and reinstall the pocket.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, I took the pocket out, but I don’t see how taking off the apron gives access to the top four bolts of the ball box. I have never taken rails off a table. And taking off the apron from the rail looks tough as well. I’ll attach a picture when I figure out how to do that.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Untitled.jpg

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your house flooded? Is it possible that the legs and the stretcher didn't completely delaminate?

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave from Blatt Billiards came over and we used 4 angle irons to secure the box to the table. The screws went in from the top and he could get his hand in to tighten them. So right now it has the 4 bolts from the top and the angle irons on the sides. Really solid! Thanks for asking.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Dave from Blatt Billiards came over and we used 4 angle irons to secure the box to the table. The screws went in from the top and he could get his hand in to tighten them. So right now it has the 4 bolts from the top and the angle irons on the sides. Really solid! Thanks for asking

post pics?

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, I took the pocket out, but I don’t see how taking off the apron gives access to the top four bolts of the ball box. I have never taken rails off a table. And taking off the apron from the rail looks tough as well. I’ll attach a picture when I figure out how to do that.
What 4 bolts are you talking about, the GC2 ball box isn't bolted to the rail.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There were 4 bolts on the top and he also added two angle irons on the side. I haven‘t figured out how to post pictures yet.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What 4 bolts are you talking about, the GC2 ball box isn't bolted to the rail.
He probably has an earlier GCI where the ball storage rack was screwed to the rail. As you've pointed out, on later I's and II's the ball storage rack is hung like the aprons and secured to the frame via two large wood screws.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There were 4 bolts on the top and he also added two angle irons on the side. I haven‘t figured out how to post pictures yet.
Are you calling the bug screws that go through the top board at an angle and screw the ball box to the bottom of the rail, bolts?

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They come straight down and go through a metal bracket. Give me your email and I’ll send you some pictures.