Seyberts lowering price cue

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone notice that Seyberts has had a cue for sale at the same price for the last 2 months, while the advert says price will decrease everyday by 5 bucks?
I have had numerous dealings with Seyberts from tip installation to new wraps
and new cues and always found them to be a great vendor. Some people always
have a problem

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wolven doesn’t deserve what he’s getting imo. If the price has indeed stayed the same for 2 months, well then Seyberts did drop the ball. Either they messed up the wording of the ad, or they didn’t follow through with adjusting the price.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They say they do but price is the same, for about two months. I stated that in the original post.
There’s a lot of technical and corporate business sub processes that stand in between seeing what we see now and getting it “fixed” (behaving the way we expect). Nefariousness is probably not the explanation for what we see despite plenty of space to interpret it to be.

E-commerce is so hard, rare and fraught that it’s often outsourced. Entirely or in pieces combined in house.

Seyberts is going to be so far removed from the point of affecting a change.big or small. It will be one of umpteen sites implemented in boiler plate fashion. Implementers will themselves operating to squeeze out their profits. The end result never has “perfect” as a goal..cost/speed and an assurance of big concerns (fraud, outage, breach, etc).

Another hurdle to perfection is how the overwhelming # of sites fall under a small # of core vendors. And the monsters take their share by having a VAR layer. What you see on that cue of the month listing is not out of the box core functionality. Bell and whistle features are left as add ons written by small players in a fast market of customization. They too are in it for speed over perfection, fighting version compatibility and turnover, hopefully able to sell their imperfect piece. That’s software in a snapshot. Put it in motion, with human turnover and technological advance and… I could keep going on about how and where imperfect creeps in.

If you need a perfect site/store you go with a provider who integrates all this. Presumably a different business need, business model, expectations and requirements for the user (in this case the user is a customer).

This all is my conjecture and opinion. I used to be in healthcare/hospital where a typo could mean life or death and reputations permanently lost. Today I’m in manufacturing. I’ve been through seyberts imperfect site as a customer. Now, having inherited my company’s e-commerce operation due to turnover I’d be thrilled if our site had only seyberts problems… our bugs are affecting the bottom line when you weigh cost return…. time opportunity lost.

Posting this because somewhere behind “these guys are crooks, look at their store”, is a baffling world. Right/wrong good/bad relevant/not are not absolutes. They’re design considerations. I totally understand the gist, but understand, any system running at 0 or 100%, someone will be bankrupt. Survival is finding that right threshold for your market.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
There’s a lot of technical and corporate business sub processes that stand in between seeing what we see now and getting it “fixed” (behaving the way we expect). Nefariousness is probably not the explanation for what we see despite plenty of space to interpret it to be.

E-commerce is so hard, rare and fraught that it’s often outsourced. Entirely or in pieces combined in house.

Seyberts is going to be so far removed from the point of affecting a change.big or small. It will be one of umpteen sites implemented in boiler plate fashion. Implementers will themselves operating to squeeze out their profits. The end result never has “perfect” as a goal..cost/speed and an assurance of big concerns (fraud, outage, breach, etc).

Another hurdle to perfection is how the overwhelming # of sites fall under a small # of core vendors. And the monsters take their share by having a VAR layer. What you see on that cue of the month listing is not out of the box core functionality. Bell and whistle features are left as add ons written by small players in a fast market of customization. They too are in it for speed over perfection, fighting version compatibility and turnover, hopefully able to sell their imperfect piece. That’s software in a snapshot. Put it in motion, with human turnover and technological advance and… I could keep going on about how and where imperfect creeps in.

If you need a perfect site/store you go with a provider who integrates all this. Presumably a different business need, business model, expectations and requirements for the user (in this case the user is a customer).

This all is my conjecture and opinion. I used to be in healthcare/hospital where a typo could mean life or death and reputations permanently lost. Today I’m in manufacturing. I’ve been through seyberts imperfect site as a customer. Now, having inherited my company’s e-commerce operation due to turnover I’d be thrilled if our site had only seyberts problems… our bugs are affecting the bottom line when you weigh cost return…. time opportunity lost.

Posting this because somewhere behind “these guys are crooks, look at their store”, is a baffling world. Right/wrong good/bad relevant/not are not absolutes. They’re design considerations. I totally understand the gist, but understand, any system running at 0 or 100%, someone will be bankrupt. Survival is finding that right threshold for your market.
While I agree there is likely a mistake or poor plan to update this offer, Seybert's primary business is internet. It's not a brick and mortar with an internet add-on. Any retailer focuses on one thing as highest importance: Point of Sale (POS). That's even more important in e-commerce because the customer is "only 1 click away from the nearest competitor".

Yes, outsourcing can complicate things (IF they do that at all beyond hosting services) but someone at Seybert's OWNS the responsibility of the issue being discussed. Sales/Revenue is #1. No one is going to die if there's a typo.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone else posted the link: https://www.seyberts.com/lowering-price-cues

My guess would be somebody was supposed to manually change the price each day, but they forgot about it.

I like the idea for the promotion though.
Here is why I asked.....

On the home page, it shows 2 lowering price cues....
Screenshot_20211107-081049_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211107-081125_Chrome.jpg

When you press on "learn more", these two cues come up...

Screenshot_20211107-081154_Chrome.jpg

So which cue is he talking about?
Also, multiple cues of same model is not the case...
Screenshot_20211107-081143_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-081154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-081154_Chrome.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: Pin

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Here is why I asked.....

On the home page, it shows 2 lowering price cues....
View attachment 615478
View attachment 615479

When you press on "learn more", these two cues come up...

View attachment 615481

So which cue is he talking about?
Also, multiple cues of same model is not the case...
View attachment 615484

Well you posted the ad,if anyone I’d upset we other the non losing,call,email, and do be proactive with your problrm.

If problem resolved great, if not buy from another source.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WTF???? Is there a point somewhere in this babble??

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I agree there is likely a mistake or poor plan to update this offer, Seybert's primary business is internet. It's not a brick and mortar with an internet add-on. Any retailer focuses on one thing as highest importance: Point of Sale (POS). That's even more important in e-commerce because the customer is "only 1 click away from the nearest competitor".

Yes, outsourcing can complicate things (IF they do that at all beyond hosting services) but someone at Seybert's OWNS the responsibility of the issue being discussed. Sales/Revenue is #1. No one is going to die if there's a typo.

Totally agree with you. If you were seyberts, would you invest to differentiate from competitors? Would you opt to stay at the same level?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you posted the ad,if anyone I’d upset we other the non losing,call,email, and do be proactive with your problrm.

If problem resolved great, if not buy from another source.
Well duh! I posted it for a reason. That's why I asked what cue he was referring to. And still no reply.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was curious so i msg'd Seyberts. The said the price lowers every day at midnite. Said they had a tech issue with some prices not lowering, they found and corrected it so all should be good now. Very fast answer btw. Good co. imo.

Last edited:

chenjy9

Having gotten through this thread, I will just say this... it always boggles my mind how quickly people jump to assuming malicious intent. IMHO Seyberts, Pool Dawg, Manning, and Billiards Warehouse are all fantastic businesses that work hard to make sure their customers are properly treated. If this was some startup company, I can certainly understand a bit the suspicious attitude. However, Seyberts has been around and have always done right when things happen.