Vintage cue ID help

phreaticus

Here is a link to some old BW catalogs if you want to dig through.

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve amassed a humble little fleet of vintage BW cues the last 6 mo, have spent a lot of time on that site, its one of the best resources out there. Too bad it doesn’t seem to be maintained any longer, someone told me the owner sold his collection and is out of the game. Hope that info gets archived somewhere and remains available long term.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The left cue is a Billiards cue.

The middle cue is a Katz cue. I had one once, they are stiff but okay nice. If you want to sell the middle one. I'd buy it for 200 delivered if it rolls straight and everything is tight. PM me if you are selling.

phreaticus

The left cue is a Billiards cue.

The middle cue is a Katz cue. I had one once, they are stiff but okay nice. If you want to sell the middle one. I'd buy it for 200 delivered if it rolls straight and everything is tight. PM me if you are selling.
Thanks for the info & offer. PM sent

phreaticus

Found another thread. https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/cues-being-made-at-bensinger’s-chicago.530049/#post-6944747

Ideologist, any luck that you have the AE Schmidt catalogs referenced, or just seen and remembered?
Yeah, Ideologist - please fork over any AES catalogs if you have em!

This thread is too funny. The cue referenced in the above link is the same cue (middle one, double butterfly) that we’re talking about here. I got it in a batch of cues that bought off @PhilosopherKing a few months ago. @ideologist is a friend/neighbor in the real world and is the one who told me it was probably an AES. But I came here looking to confirm and/or learn more. There seem to be some strong opinions that its a Katz, and others think its an AES, and now we’ve come full circle. Looks like vintage cues are a hilariously small world - does this mean I’ve officially become a cue collector now? I’m still allowed to actually play pool, right? 😂

✌️