Hard copy version of "Controlled Aggression"?

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was six years ago in May that I first published and began selling my book, "One Pocket: A Game Of Controlled Aggression".
It has turned out to be a far greater success than I ever could have imagined and I have all of you to thank for it.
Nearly 2,000 copies have been sold. Not bad for a book so specialized in this field of interest.

I received a great number of "up" votes for this spiral bound version but I've also received
quite a number of requests to offer the book in a hard cover version.
So, now might be the time to consider this idea more seriously,
My idea is to offer a signed, limited edition, collector's hard copy, bound in faux leather, full color pages, and with a dust cover.
50 copies in all. No second editions. One time only. Never to be repeated in any format.

So, Cutting to the chase

1. Before I order these book from the printer I would like to know who of you might wish to purchase
one of these rare volumes? Price still to be determined but I'll be fair.

2. To be fair, how best to number each book so everyone has a fair chance to get the most sought after numbers?
I'm thinking some kind of lottery system.

3. These books will not be offered through any other source than myself and advertising will be done here on
One Pocket.org, My facebook page, AZB, and on my You tube channel. That's it!

4 Once I see there is enough enthusiasm for these books I will then begin accepting pre orders.

5. I'm willing to entertain serious ideas from anyone on how to improve this plan.

Cheers,

Tom Wirth

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was six years ago in May that I first published and began selling my book, "One Pocket: A Game Of Controlled Aggression".
It has turned out to be a far greater success than I ever could have imagined and I have all of you to thank for it.
Nearly 2,000 copies have been sold. Not bad for a book so specialized in this field of interest.

I received a great number of "up" votes for this spiral bound version but I've also received
quite a number of requests to offer the book in a hard cover version.
So, now might be the time to consider this idea more seriously,
My idea is to offer a signed, limited edition, collector's hard copy, bound in faux leather, full color pages, and with a dust cover.
50 copies in all. No second editions. One time only. Never to be repeated in any format.

So, Cutting to the chase

1. Before I order these book from the printer I would like to know who of you might wish to purchase
one of these rare volumes? Price still to be determined but I'll be fair.

2. To be fair, how best to number each book so everyone has a fair chance to get the most sought after numbers?
I'm thinking some kind of lottery system.

3. These books will not be offered through any other source than myself and advertising will be done here on
One Pocket.org, My facebook page, AZB, and on my You tube channel. That's it!

4 Once I see there is enough enthusiasm for these books I will then begin accepting pre orders.

5. I'm willing to entertain serious ideas from anyone on how to improve this plan.

Cheers,

Tom Wirth
I will order 1 copy.👍

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one book that should be in every pool player's library. I have read so many rave reviews about it. If you're a one-pocket player, this book is written by one of the best teachers of the game. Photo of Tom-Tom, as he used to be affectionately called, and the late Papageorge at Champions in Laurel, Maryland.

tom tom and pops.JPG

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So far so good. I'm working on getting quotes from a few printing sources now
I'll try to get you all a selling price asap.

Thank you for the enthusiastic responses!

Tom

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got the spiral edition, but I'll gladly buy a jacketed hardback copy. We only live once.