Dimond ball cleaner RPM

northshoremb

Registered
Does anyone who owns a Diamond Ball cleaner know the RPM or can look at the motor to see the RPM. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not just the RPM rating of the motor that will decide the actual RPM the balls spin at.

You have to know the ratios of the belt pulley of the motor and the belt pulley of the table in the polisher the balls sit on. It is not one to one.

If I had to guess, the balls are spinning at around 800 RPM, give or take. Too fast and they may launch. The motor is probably around 1700 RPM.

northshoremb

Registered
It is not just the RPM rating of the motor that will decide the actual RPM the balls spin at.

You have to know the ratios of the belt pulley of the motor and the belt pulley of the table in the polisher the balls sit on. It is not one to one.

If I had to guess, the balls are spinning at around 800 RPM, give or take. Too fast and they may launch. The motor is probably around 1700 RPM.
I ask so I can find a motor tge same rpm and then just buy the pulley, belt and save $500..lol

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ask so I can find a motor tge same rpm and then just buy the pulley, belt and save $500..lol

Yeah, that is what I figured.

You have to know three things.

The motor RPM. Size of belt pulley on motor. Size of belt pulley under ball tray.

Good luck with your build.

northshoremb

Registered
Yeah, that is what I figured.

You have to know three things.

The motor RPM. Size of belt pulley on motor. Size of belt pulley under ball tray.

Good luck with your build.
They sell the replacement parts so will just buy the belt and pulleys

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You can see in many videos exactly how it works. For anyone who is mechanically inclined they can make it for way less.

Oh really, and what makes you such an expert on cutting the costs of building it? And no, you can't by the belt, pulleys, and motor from Diamond, sorry😅

northshoremb

Registered
Oh really, and what makes you such an expert on cutting the costs of building it? And no, you can't by the belt, pulleys, and motor from Diamond, sorry
So you say you can't buy parts???
Screenshot_20211205-000109_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211205-000058_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211205-000025_Firefox.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You can see in many videos exactly how it works. For anyone who is mechanically inclined they can make it for way less.

You didn't add in the cost of the 4 pillow block bearings, but thats probably because you didn't know about them because you can't see them in any videos😅

northshoremb

Registered
You didn't add in the cost of the 4 pillow block bearings, but thats probably because you didn't know about them because you can't see them in any videos
Dude I know how to make a motor and pulley work...lmfao. you think you are some genius and that I don't know anything. You can get parts cheap if you look but guess you pay top dollar on everything..lol.

northshoremb

Registered
Where's the pulleys and motor for sale? The belts can be bought anywhere, but no one has ever had the need to replace them.
You can get 1/100 all the way to 1/2hp motors online everywhere for $50-150. You can also get any mm pulley you want online as well. Are you that sheltered you don't know that these thinks are everywhere?

northshoremb

Registered
I guess you're not aware of the fact that I'm the one who invented the Diamond ball polisher back in 1995,
So then you know as good as me you can buy any pulley diameter, belt size, pillow blocks, and motor size you want. You are just commenting trying to discourage people from making their own. You make it sound like it's some NASA machine that nobody can find parts for it

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just buy the friggin’ Diamond ball polisher like most of us did. You won’t replicate it perfectly. The money will be long forgotten while you play with pristine ball sets.

Oh, and don't argue with RKC. He will wear you out and you won’t win.

northshoremb

Registered
Just buy the friggin’ Diamond ball polisher like most of us did. You won’t replicate it perfectly. The money will be long forgotten while you play with pristine ball sets.

Oh, and don't argue with RKC. He will wear you out and you won’t win.
Ya he seems like one of those guys that thinks people are stupid and he's the only person who can invent something.