DAZN failure

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again, DAZN is not working. Is anyone else having trouble? Any work or updates

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
AWS is down, effecting DAZN streaming. DAZN can't fix this, a global streaming backbone is down.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Coming from a former IT guy, a private billiard streaming platform is the solution. One will be used for our event coming up so we can address any issues ourselves without relying on anyone else (other than the cable company which gives high priority to business accounts).

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming from a former IT guy, a private billiard streaming platform is the solution. One will be used for our event coming up so we can address any issues ourselves without relying on anyone else (other than the cable company which gives high priority to business accounts).
no way can you come up with something that has a higher uptime / availability thab any of the current major cloud providers. Just your internet connection alone is an extremely weak link. You might have high priority, but amazon has thousand of fiber stands split over multiple tier 1 providers with redundant segregated links between their data centers. Now lets talk about power grid, security team to deal with denial of service attacks. The list goes on and on.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Lmao, ok Former IT Guy. Your private streaming platform will be on a cloud provider. If that provider goes down, like AWS did today, your solution goes down

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
no way can you come up with something that has a higher uptime / availability thab any of the current major cloud providers. Just your internet connection alone is an extremely weak link. You might have high priority, but amazon has thousand of fiber stands split over multiple tier 1 providers with redundant segregated links between their data centers. Now lets talk about power grid, security team to deal with denial of service attacks. The list goes on and on.
It was said to be an APP issue with DAZN. It worked fine on my PC. What I'm saying is, eliminate as many 3rd party hurdles as possible. The physical delivery is the only thing we can't replace.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Lmao, ok Former IT Guy. Your private streaming platform will be on a cloud provider. If that provider goes down, like AWS did today, your solution goes down
AWS was not used for the International Open. A private streaming server was. All issues were addressed in house.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
AWS was not used for the International Open. A private streaming server was. All issues were addressed in house.
You're correct Ed. NBL, AccuStats, and all of our rooms installed with FeltCam use OSPN's private cloud distribution network, built by a group of serious pool aficionados. It will soon be coupled with digitalpool dot com. We depend on ourselves and have zero 3rd party fingers and hands in the cookie jar. This was the point all along when development started in 2011. Thanks Ed for supporting OSPN.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Matchroom.live working perfectly since the start of the event..........I'd get a matchroom sub for a month, it ain't expensive.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're correct Ed. NBL, AccuStats, and all of our rooms installed with FeltCam use OSPN's private cloud distribution network, built by a group of serious pool aficionados. It will soon be coupled with digitalpool dot com. We depend on ourselves and have zero 3rd party fingers and hands in the cookie jar. This was the point all along when development started in 2011. Thanks Ed for supporting OSPN.

And how are you going to connect to the internet to stream it to the world?

Inquiring minds want to know...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Until your ISP struggles, or several other issues you can't possibly rectify with a private server

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom.live working perfectly since the start of the event..........I'd get a matchroom sub for a month, it ain't expensive.

And you're watching that from the US? I was under the impression that DAZN was the only one who would be streaming it in the US.