Johnny Archer's New Room

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do have a kids menu. My suggestions would be clean up the vulgarity in the music a little and put the waitresses back in t shirts and it would be a little more family friendly. No one needs to hear the F word repeatedly in song in order to enjoy the music. The food, the quality of the pool tables, the high end furmishings and such make it inot necessary that the women servers dress like hooters ladies. For those wondering there are a lot of couples coming in there.
The customers choose the music

They are the spenders, their choice.

Anyone who brings their kid there is a piss poor parent.

Neither music choice or parenting are house decisions

Freedom> Censorship

Best
Fatboy

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its business not a place to have constitutional freedoms in a private business.

yes if you dont like the f bomb in the music dont go there. and many wont. and if you dont like seeing boobs hanging in the waitress uniform dont go there and many wont.

the question is do you gain or lose more by having those things.

he is new and newness usually gets extra business. but newness wears off and then it can become too late to correct things that chased away customers that wont return.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yes if you dont like the f bomb in the music dont go there. and many wont. and if you dont like seeing boobs hanging in the waitress uniform dont go there and many wont.

he is new and newness usually gets extra business. but newness wears off and then it can become too late to correct things that chased away customers that wont return.
Very intelligent statement. Might consider promoting a certain environment up to about 9 PM, and loosening up after that. Limiting the play list is not censorship, it’s establishing an environment.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JA ain’t new in the pool room biz. Most customers there don’t know who he is at first, maybe 20-25%. There isn’t even a sign on the biz.

It was just a good choice for a location that worked out better than expected. Not all news is bad news in life, pool or the world these days. Seems odd to hear good news I do agree. But this story is good news.

Will the honeymoon phase wear off? Absolutely it will, but that hasn’t started yet. There’s no sign, no promotion, just word of mouth. It has a good vibe and good customers as a result. Also Johnny and Rodney there doing their thing to make customers feel happy and welcome. And a great kitchen too.

Let the good times roll!!’ Relax and embrace someone’s success. Stop looking for the knock in life. It’s not all bad. Misery loves company-move to California or New York if your looking for misery. Things in cartersville ga ain’t so bad

Best
Fatboy😀🍻🍻

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its mostly people here giving pointers that are maybe business people that have experience or well versed customers who see it from both the owners and customers perspective.
not having been there is all subjective advice to be looked at not necessarily followed.

and one thing in the business world, if you dont really look hard at those that know then you are doomed to mediocrity.

and tunnel vision leaves you in the tunnel.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whats the address and name of the new room
sorry i havent read all the posts
thanks

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its mostly people here giving pointers that are maybe business people that have experience or well versed customers who see it from both the owners and customers perspective.
not having been there is all subjective advice to be looked at not necessarily followed.

and one thing in the business world, if you dont really look hard at those that know then you are doomed to mediocrity.

and tunnel vision leaves you in the tunnel.
Well said!

For me I wouldn’t open a pool room, bar or anything with a front door with a alarm code. That’s just a ball & chain biz that’s not scaleable. Which is almost as bad as being stuck in the tunnel.

Most biz’s are capped, some the cap is clearer than others. I like opened ended scaleable type biz. Online clearly is that-but I’ve never been smart enough to figure that out. I’ve lost a couple million trying-which I’m ok with. Not every attempt at a biz works out. Losing is just part of winning overall in life.

I’m just happy to see a new biz open and go good from the gate-for what ever reason.

Again, great post

Best
Fatboy🤠

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are the GC6 and GC Coin now that a few people have played on them? Does the Coin’s rails react like a standard 9’ GC?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JA ain’t new in the pool room biz. Most customers there don’t know who he is at first, maybe 20-25%. There isn’t even a sign on the biz.

It was just a good choice for a location that worked out better than expected. Not all news is bad news in life, pool or the world these days. Seems odd to hear good news I do agree. But this story is good news.

Will the honeymoon phase wear off? Absolutely it will, but that hasn’t started yet. There’s no sign, no promotion, just word of mouth. It has a good vibe and good customers as a result. Also Johnny and Rodney there doing their thing to make customers feel happy and welcome. And a great kitchen too.

Let the good times roll!!’ Relax and embrace someone’s success. Stop looking for the knock in life. It’s not all bad. Misery loves company-move to California or New York if your looking for misery. Things in cartersville ga ain’t so bad

Best
Fatboy😀🍻🍻
Hopefully JA can make enough $ in this venture that he can and will pay off OD what $ he owes him. He will never again have my respect for pulling that move.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The customers choose the music

They are the spenders, their choice.

Anyone who brings their kid there is a piss poor parent.

Neither music choice or parenting are house decisions

Freedom> Censorship

Best
Fatboy
How do the customers pick the music?