Diamond Pro-Am question .

TrxR

Does anyone know the height of the ball return opening from the floor ?

Also has anyone had any problems with the ball return?

Thanks

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had a problem, it works perfectly. I’ve never even seen one with a problem.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ball return should work fine if they installed it correctly.
one installer told us a story about one table with it installed backwards from the factory and the table was just eating balls up. lmao

phreaticus

Does anyone actually find the legs out at the corners being in the way?
Yeah, I find my knees touching sometimes, not as much as barboxes and not a problem. Probably only notice it because I mostly play on CGs & Gandy’s which have much different leg styles. Not an issue, and kind of like it, I lean into it and actually feels like it helps stabilize me a bit.

As for ball returns, I think Diamonds are known for theirs being quiet - but for a home table - depending on house size/layout & where you put it, I think any ball return is going to be pretty loud during late night practice sessions, just FYI. Personally I far prefer drop pockets

Good luck

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yeah, I find my knees touching sometimes, not as much as barboxes and not a problem. Probably only notice it because I mostly play on CGs & Gandy’s which have much different leg styles. Not an issue, and kind of like it, I lean into it and actually feels like it helps stabilize me a bit.

As for ball returns, I think Diamonds are know⁷n for theirs being quiet - but for a home table - depending on house size/layout & where you put it, I think any ball return is going to be pretty loud during late night practice sessions, just FYI. Personally I far prefer drop pockets

Good luck
Not a chance, extremely quiet return.

MurrayNevada

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
As for ball returns, I think Diamonds are known for theirs being quiet - but for a home table - depending on house size/layout & where you put it, I think any ball return is going to be pretty loud during late night practice sessions, just FYI. Personally I far prefer drop pockets

Good luck
For those who believe the Pro-Am ball return may be too noisy for a home table I am offering, for a limited time only, a Pro-Am Drop Pocket Conversion Kit. The kit is only $299.99 with free shipping. USPS Money Orders only.
Car Wash Sponges.jpg

Last edited:

Nyquil

Does anyone know the height of the ball return opening from the floor ?

Also has anyone had any problems with the ball return?

Thanks
Someone already provided the dimensions. The only issue I have is just a comestic one. Where the balls sit down in the gully is pretty rough wood if you feel around on the inside near the opening. I fold a microfiber towel around the inside of the return gully so the balls are not smacking up against a rough surface. I'll end up getting some rubber with glue on one side and run some rubber around the edges and front of the inside of the gully. As far as issues I have had none with return at all.