Another nice set from my friends at Schmelke

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Keep it simple with a little tweak and some sweet woods.
Goncolo and Ebony on both cues.
2 Kielwood shafts for the shooter and a Ricochet carbon break shaft for the Break/Jump
264799006_4674271275953079_5622137638974287584_n.jpg

265267362_4674271202619753_7959830900878744027_n.jpg

tomatoshooter

Nice!. I like the lighter colored butt with the black forearm. I've been thinking about getting a Kielwood shaft from Schmelke, let us know how you like that one.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Nice!. I like the lighter colored butt with the black forearm. I've been thinking about getting a Kielwood shaft from Schmelke, let us know how you like that one.
I ditched carbon shooting shafts for the Kielwood. I do really like the carbon break and jump shafts.
Everybody has their own preference. I have no plans on going back to a carbon shooter but others would probably never go back to wood.
I went with an ebony forearm to push some weight forward on the cue. Kielwood shafts run a little light.

tomatoshooter

I ditched carbon shooting shafts for the Kielwood. I do really like the carbon break and jump shafts.
Everybody has their own preference. I have no plans on going back to a carbon shooter but others would probably never go back to wood.
I went with an ebony forearm to push some weight forward on the cue. Kielwood shafts run a little light.
I have a couple of Schmelkes with the radial joint directly into the wood. I really love the feel but want to jump on the low deflection bandwagon. Even with the standard maple shaft I wouldn't mind moving the weight forward and was wondering about what you did with the reversed woods before I saw your post. With standard wood, the balance would probably be better with a brass insert joint but I don't know if I would be sacrificing feel. As it is, my 19 ounce cue has a 2.5 ounce weight bolt.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Do you sell cues?
I try to not do that any more :)
I started the SneakiestPete cues (now sold by Koinnkid here on Az) and also Summit cues. Working full time with a long commute, leagues, tourneys and life in general. It was just too much.
I'll flip a cue from time to time but now it's mainly having Schmelke build me something that I like when I feel the urge. I get a nice cue, dont wait 1-2 years for it and I dont pay a ton for the cues. Most go into my display case.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I have a couple of Schmelkes with the radial joint directly into the wood. I really love the feel but want to jump on the low deflection bandwagon. Even with the standard maple shaft I wouldn't mind moving the weight forward and was wondering about what you did with the reversed woods before I saw your post. With standard wood, the balance would probably be better with a brass insert joint but I don't know if I would be sacrificing feel. As it is, my 19 ounce cue has a 2.5 ounce weight bolt.
If you choose the right woods and have the build fit those woods, you wont need a metal joint and probably wont need a weight bolt.
I personally hate a metal joint and if a cue might be coming in a little heavy, I have them put a G-10 pin in to keep the weight down.
Keep in mind that ebony will always come in heavy. Try to find a lighter wood for the butt end and go with ebony in the forearm.
I'm talking Schmelke builds here. Other cuemakers can lighten a cue by coring it. To the best of my knowledge, Schmelke does not core any of their cues.