Does Schmelke "surgical pin" fit Uni-Loc brand radial shaft?

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
No. I didn’t want the hassle. I decided I’d either give it away or use it to practice replacing a joint pin.
The call and/or email is free if they respond, you could make a determination as to further action. It would be good information for the forum to know how they respond to this issue. Best...you get an upgraded cue for your trouble; worst...they blow you off:rolleyes:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no way they don't know what they are producing. There is probably a lot of variation and I got one of the poorer examples. Thats the risk I took for a low price cue. If the pin is off a mile but the joint and shaft collars match perfectly, that means their process is conducive to this error. Swapping it for another I may be just as likely to receive the same.

JC12

To update this thread, I bought a radial pin schmelke from the billiard warehouse for $165. I compared it to a genuine (by eye) and the pitch looked dead on. A radial predator brand shaft screwed on fine.

Unfortunately, the cue is a complete pos. The stock shaft tip comes off the table about 1/8” per revolution. The pin visibly wobbles if I roll the butt by itself. When I screw on the radial predator shaft, the joint is non-concentric by a mile. (It is concentric with the stock shaft). The predator shaft tip flaps 1/2” like a fish. The rest of the cue is pretty bad too.

I have one more on order custom made 60” long for me. I’ll report back if it’s same/better/worse.

The cue I bought isn’t worth $50 imo.

I didn’t even know a cue could be made this crappy.
Are you talking about the G10 radial from Schmelke? and to confirm it fit a uni-loc brand radial?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you talking about the G10 radial from Schmelke? and to confirm it fit a uni-loc brand radial?
It was steel not G10. It was the same fitas a Predator Radial, although not as nicely polished.

I bought two. This was one:
https://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/schmelke/schmelke_bw104-poolcue.htm. On the add for this one it says radial.

Second was directly from Schmelke site and was called “joint #7 surgical”.

Both were the same pin and compatible with genuine radial.

JC12

DryFlyTrout

No. I didn’t want the hassle. I decided I’d either give it away or use it to practice replacing a joint pin.
I bought a Schmelke from BW last summer. It had a slight issue. BW offered to replace it or give me a discount. The replacement would have taken longer than I cared to wait. All it took was 1 email. I was slightly disappointed with the small issue, but their customer service was great. I'd buy another cue from BW. Probably not another Schmelke though.
BW might be interested to know Schmelke is sending out unacceptable cues too.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I bought a Schmelke from BW last summer. It had a slight issue. BW offered to replace it or give me a discount. The replacement would have taken longer than I cared to wait. All it took was 1 email. I was slightly disappointed with the small issue, but their customer service was great. I'd buy another cue from BW. Probably not another Schmelke though.
BW might be interested to know Schmelke is sending out unacceptable cues too.

Greg at BW is top notch.