Question about nylon case

Moraman

Excuse my newbie question. I'm new to owning my own equipment.

I got a 1x2 soft case with my new cue. The case has what appears to be 2 nylon sleeves inside near the zipper. Are these meant to be used for the shaft and butt? Or do i just toss them in the case without those?

not sure what the rules are about posting links to the bay but it's item number 312017496325

chenjy9

I got a 1x2 soft case with my new cue. The case has what appears to be 2 nylon sleeves inside near the zipper. Are these meant to be used for the shaft and butt? Or do i just toss them in the case without those?

not sure what the rules are about posting links to the bay but it's item number 312017496325

It's probably for cue butts that have rubber grips/wraps. They tend to catch on...everything when you pulling them out of the case.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not much protection in 1x2 soft case. How much do you have in your cue? Might want to buy some more protection.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what more do I need in protection that this case doesn't offer for one cue?
You answered your own question by saying it's a soft case.
Get a hard tube style case,any one that looks good to you.
Action makes affordable hard cases.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what more do I need in protection that this case doesn't offer for one cue?
Most of the soft cases that come with cues are good only for going to the poolhall/bar and back. You can get really good hard cases from J&J for around a c-note, maybe less. I think Billiard Warehouse has their J&J's on sale.