Shaw gets 10G's from OB.....................

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I happen to know that the OB check and the LoPB monies where not the only jelly Jayson collected for his run but I don't want to steal anyone else's thunder in case they're planning an announcement.

Lou Figueroa
I don't think you're stepping on anybody's toes. After this much time has passed, their thunder would turn out to be a whimper.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I doubt that. Nice of them to give Shaw a check. But from a business perspecitve, I can't imagine it will pay them back.

No one in business give away anything unless there is a payback, or potential payback.

The fact they gave the 10k, and it was publicized, has already started the subliminal advertising.

Was Shaw playing with OB shaft?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin, one of OB's owners, decided to put up the money to whoever broke the record. No strings, just a major jelly for the feat. And NO, JS does NOT use OB equipment. Will they get some pub out of it? Probably but from what i'm hearing it was just a major tip-of-the-hat to whoever did it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Mark Griffin, one of OB's owners, decided to put up the money to whoever broke the record. No strings, just a major jelly for the feat. And NO, JS does NOT use OB equipment. Will they get some pub out of it? Probably but from what i'm hearing it was just a major tip-of-the-hat to whoever did it.
Im sure that OB can use Shaw in ads saying "OB congratulates Shaw on his 714 run" even though it doesn't specifically say that Shaw uses OB products. Its still good advertising.