Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shall reply in the fashion of the great AZB forum master....

Maybe you did, and maybe you didn't.

After all, that was supposed to be a valid response for many, many months. ;)

Libelous, that's rich, heh heh.

Unlike you I was not making accusations.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll dump your assurances about the lack of need to worry in the pile (er mountain) with your other deflections and dissembling.

Transparency. Publish the full table specs so that anyone who wants to attempt to beat 714 can do so under the same conditions as Jayson made his run.

I did not make any assurances.

Lou Figueroa

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it isnt beating what mosconi did, no one ever will. it is now establishing a new high run on today's equipment.

if you want to say you beat what mosconi did, then fly or drive to a strange city and play an hour long exhibition on any table with any sized pockets, and then run 526 balls on your first and only try.

as that was his exhibition routine. he would keep on his last runout till it ended or he got tired and quit.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed 100%, Lou. Getting an official record would be time well spent. Two obvious candidates would be Jasmin Ouschan and Kristina Tkach, both of whom I believe can exceed Jeanette's "unoffical" number.
No debate -- I like to keep my powder dry until I can see the whites of their eyes.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Col William Prescott

I don’t generally post when drinking but know this…

The next time I login to AZB I’m going to set your world on fire.

You disrespected the wrong person.

Chili Palmer

Not who you think you’re dealing with…

realtor1618

Registered
Totally inaccurate and I challenge you to show where we were "heavily involved in questioning Schmidt's table."

Lou Figueroa
Hmmmmmm????

wrldpro said:

“No sir it was to Mr. Logical after he thought it was funny to call me a stooge.. !56 is a incredible run and congrats on it. Mizerak told me he would like to avg. 40 balls every time he got to the table. Makes alot of sense to me. Its just crazy that people don't understand What it takes to make high runs.How much easier it is when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run and never making the run get harder. People that have never run many balls don't understand these variables they only think of the ball count. I myself as a player that has broke 100 balls hundreds of times feels it is totally disrespectful to the game to obviously cheat by making such conditions that would never ever ever ever ever ever be such conditions in any Tournament or anywhere else. Not 1 person in history has had such conditions set up like this for any reason but Schmidt. So if conditions don't matter than how come Schmidt has never broke 300 on a pro diamond table which is less than half of the 626 and he has tried on a Diamond for about 10-15 years. Point proven”

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
it isnt beating what mosconi did, no one ever will. it is now establishing a new high run on today's equipment.

if you want to say you beat what mosconi did, then fly or drive to a strange city and play an hour long exhibition on any table with any sized pockets, and then run 526 balls on your first and only try.

as that was his exhibition routine. he would keep on his last runout till it ended or he got tired and quit.
Last I heard, pool rules don't take into account what you did before or after the match.

Mosconi didn’t even use a 9 foot table. If he was so far above the pack why didn't he lay down a 500 every other night? Let me guess...he wasn't trying for high runs because he was such a purist upon the pedestal we built for him.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t generally post when drinking but know this…

The next time I login to AZB I’m going to set your world on fire.

You disrespected the wrong person.

Chili Palmer

Not who you think you’re dealing with…

meh -- but apparently it's OK for you to disrespect me.

Lou Figueroa
funny how
that works

Last edited:

gerryf

Hmmmmmm????
wrldpro said:
“No sir it was to Mr. Logical after he thought it was funny to call me a stooge.. !56 is a incredible run and congrats on it. Mizerak told me he would like to avg. 40 balls every time he got to the table. Makes alot of sense to me. Its just crazy that people don't understand What it takes to make high runs.How much easier it is when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run and never making the run get harder. People that have never run many balls don't understand these variables they only think of the ball count. I myself as a player that has broke 100 balls hundreds of times feels it is totally disrespectful to the game to obviously cheat by making such conditions that would never ever ever ever ever ever be such conditions in any Tournament or anywhere else. Not 1 person in history has had such conditions set up like this for any reason but Schmidt. So if conditions don't matter than how come Schmidt has never broke 300 on a pro diamond table which is less than half of the 626 and he has tried on a Diamond for about 10-15 years. Point proven”
and in Feb 2020, wrldpro also said "Highest mystery video with doctored table belongs to Schmidt...."

Ha! Ha!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He only played one exhibition match ever? Makes his run much more impressive. I thought it was a multiple shows per week kind of gig.

For several years it was at least one exhibition for over 300 days of the year, traveling from room to room.

Sometimes he'd do two in a day.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmmmmm????
wrldpro said:

Is there something inaccurate in that post?

And beyond that, making a critical comment like that is a far, far cry from being on any kind of crusade and your accusation of heavy involvement, lol.

I'm not sure but I don't recall Jayson having the balls pulled off the table to be repeatedly polished during his run. I don't even think he had the CB pulled off.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last I heard, pool rules don't take into account what you did before or after the match.

Mosconi didn’t even use a 9 foot table. If he was so far above the pack why didn't he lay down a 500 every other night? Let me guess...he wasn't trying for high runs because he was such a purist upon the pedestal we built for him.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

No, he was jut paid to play a match to 125 or 150, then do some trick shots and move on to the next city.

It has been almost universally reported by everyone here who saw him that he was a lock to run 100 every exhibition.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

Just going by what LFigueroa said, it's kind of funny how things change:

Jul 30 2021
"Yes, Arnaldo, the compensation structure will be publicly known before the first attempt is made.

I've seen the payout schedule and it is generous. Very generous."

Jul 20 2021:
"It is my understanding that JS had that table especially set up for high runs."

May 14 2021
"I don’t think anyone can have a problem with “perfect conditions.”"

May 12 2021
"It took him hundreds of tries under artificially perfect conditions. There is zero chance he is going to walk into a strange room for an exhibition and run 500+ in front of spectators, on any size table, on a single attempt." Lou may have referring to Schmidt, but also to Shaw.

Feb 17 2020
"Because, then we're into territory where the run is questionable, at least to me, in terms of the conditions being artificially perfect -- much like the guy who recently broke the marathon record. If conditions were constructed to provide an artificial advantage not encountered in normal play then I think we're talking about a big asterisk. Otherwise, the next guy is going to wear a fan on his head to blow the balls into the pockets and its going to be OK."

Feb 05 2020
"Want a BCA record: have the PR guy and another guy who's background is race tracks OK it.
Piece of cake.
Lou Figueroa
not
worth
the
paper
it's
printed
on?"

Apr 30 2021
"The fact of the matter is that not all affidavits are created equal. Just as not all evidence is created equal. And the same can be said of witnesses. Each must be weight individually on their merits and faults."

I had a laugh when i heard that the Legends group was providing an affidavit, and was sending it to the BCA so they could certify it. As Lou says, the merits of the witnesses must we weighed individually on their merits and faults. We can believe the witnesses might have been in the room, but with the multiple scoring errors, they weren't paying attention. Someone must have elbowed them and said, 'he just set a record - you're a witness'.

My favourite scoring error is the the run where the scorekeeper double counted one rack, then a couple of racks later, the scoreboard incremented in the middle of the rack, then a few racks later, changed by six. Good quality witnesses who didn't notice any of that!!