Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should do your due diligence before you start slinging accusations. It makes you come off like an asshat.

See post #439 and many posts after that discussing dimensions.
Name calling isn't needed.

And, another post that deflects. The post you point to, and those that follow, do not disclose the pocket facing angles.

If the information has been published by the organizers, I'd love to see it and would very much appreciate you citing that directly.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.

His being so insistent on pocket facing angle measurements has become ridiculous.

Unless he can tell me Mosconi’s table pocket facing angle measurements and Schmidt’s pocket facing angle measurements, pushing for the measurements of the table that Jayson played on is inconsequential.

If he wants to compare apples to apples, let him.

You miss the point entirely. I'm not trying to compare Jayson's run to John's or Willie's. There is no comparison involved.

I'm simply saying that anyone who wants to try to beat Jayson's 714 should be able to do so under the same conditions he made the run. There's no legitimate reason to withhold the information for that purpose.

Please no more of these nonsense deflecting posts. Either articulate a legitimate reason other players should not be able to make attempts under the same conditions as Jayson's run, or admit that you have no legitimate reason.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You miss the point entirely. I'm not trying to compare Jayson's run to John's or Willie's. There is no comparison involved.

I'm simply saying that anyone who wants to try to beat Jayson's 714 should be able to do so under the same conditions he made the run. There's no legitimate reason to withhold the information for that purpose.
No one is “withholding” information.

They simply haven’t measured the pocket facing angles.
If the Academy deems it consequential, they will take the measurements.

Please no more of these nonsense deflecting posts.
No one is deflecting anything.
Either articulate a legitimate reason other players should not be able to make attempts under the same conditions as Jayson's run, or admit that you have no legitimate reason.
Everyone who is making their high-run attempt is making it on a standard Brunswick table cut pocket.

The Academy supports full transparency.

Your demand for this criteria is moot.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
I don't know if this has any merit or not but I cannot make everyone happy.

And the fact of the matter is that I don't lose any sleep over that. Some folks here are like pouty little children who, when they don't get their way, throw themselves on the floor kicking and screaming, yelling, "I hate you! I hate you!"

It's what it is.

Lou Figueroa

you responded to my post exactly in the way i was talking about. you have lost any credibility with me. i don't know about the rest of the crew.
i think you need to get a grip on yourself and look inside to view how others see the real you.

you are the one not getting your way. you want to represent the legends as it gives you status but you are doing nothing but make them look like fools only by your responses. why they dont shut you up is beyond me.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you responded to my post exactly in the way i was talking about. you have lost any credibility with me. i don't know about the rest of the crew.
i think you need to get a grip on yourself and look inside to view how others see the real you.

you are the one not getting your way. you want to represent the legends as it gives you status but you are doing nothing but make them look like fools only by your responses. why they dont shut you up is beyond me.
I agree.

His arrogant attitude is very common in the public affairs arena.

"How dare you question what limited information I am spinning and giving you!"

I laugh at them.

Watch Psaki and see if she doesn't have the same smug attitude.

Paid BSers!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm going to guess that if I told that you've lost credibility with me and that you need to get a grip on yourself and look inside to view how others here see you... you'd feel just about the same way I do, lol.

Lou Figueroa
but have a
nice day anyways

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.

His arrogant attitude is very common in the public affairs arena.

"How dare you question what limited information I am spinning and giving you!"

I laugh at them.

Watch Psaki and see if she doesn't have the same smug attitude.

Paid BSers!

lol, you can compare me to Jen Psaki any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I don't know if this has any merit or not but I cannot make everyone happy.

And the fact of the matter is that I don't lose any sleep over that. Some folks here are like pouty little children who, when they don't get their way, throw themselves on the floor kicking and screaming, yelling, "I hate you! I hate you!"

It's what it is.

Lou Figueroa
I think you seem to be completely tone-deaf to how you come across, especially in this matter.

I don't much care as I have my own opinion about what this circus is all about and wouldn't expect any level of professionalism. You can tell yourself it's just a few malcontents who feel a certain way, but I'm telling you it's more likely the overwhelming majority.

Again, in the end it doesn't matter to me who claims a record or exactly what size pockets are but if you expect credibility you'll have to earn it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one is “withholding” information.

They simply haven’t measured the pocket facing angles.
If the Academy deems it consequential, they will take the measurements.

No one is deflecting anything.

Everyone who is making their high-run attempt is making it on a standard Brunswick table cut pocket.

The Academy supports full transparency.

Your demand for this criteria is moot.
"The Academy supports full transparency." How laughable.

On their stream comments, a number of times I saw comments mentioning John Schmidt that were immediately deleted. These weren't negative comments. Just comments noting comparisons between John's attempts and the current player's attempts, average runs, etc. I saw a number of such comments disappear almost immediately when posted. When I posted asking about the missing comments, my comments were also immediately deleted.

You yourself PM'd me and admitted that any comments referencing John Schmidt were being immediately deleted.

To me, that says a lot about Bobby and whether John Schmidt was on these guys' minds when they were organizing this event.

IMHO, this is clearly a vendetta against John Schmidt and any suspicions about their actions or motives should be viewed in that light (e.g. refusing to disclose the table specs, discontinuing the runs as soon as Jayson ran 714, disposing of the table, etc.). They have no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

They have not been transparent about the favorable table set up for this event. Sportsmanship demands that the table specs be published and verified so anyone who wants to make an attempt to beat 714 can do so under the same conditions of Jayson's run. These folks claim to be trying to further 14.1 and pool. Will they show sportsmanship so that others can make a run at 714 under the same conditions?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you seem to be completely tone-deaf to how you come across, especially in this matter.

I don't much care as I have my own opinion about what this circus is all about and wouldn't expect any level of professionalism. You can tell yourself it's just a few malcontents who feel a certain way, but I'm telling you it's more likely the overwhelming majority.

Again, in the end it doesn't matter to me who claims a record or exactly what size pockets are but if you expect credibility you'll have to earn it.

Oh no, believe me, I have a good deal of self-awareness -- and I speak with purppose.

If offend a few delicate snowflakes it matters not to me. I get plenty of feedback via PMs and texts and basically the tone of the messages is: Illegitimi non carborundum. So you can put that "overwhelming majority" BS right back from where you pulled it out of.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Oh no, believe me, I have a good deal of self-awareness -- and I speak with purppose.

If offend a few delicate snowflakes it matters not to me. I get plenty of feedback via PMs and texts and basically the tone of the messages is: Illegitimi non carborundum. So you can put that "overwhelming majority" BS right back from where you pulled it out of.

Lou Figueroa
I wasn't talking about offending. That isn't the point...at all.

Oh, I'm sure you have your groupies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't talking about offending. That isn't the point...at all.

Oh, I'm sure you have your groupies.

I do alright.

But to the broader point, there is a small group here that insists on airing their conspiracy theories and and basically repeatedly insisting I'm lying on any number of issues. I don't owe that small minority of folks any level of respect and I think you do the membership at large here a disservice when you insinuate the majority of them cannot see what's really happening. I am well within my rights responding to the negativity and abuse I personally get from some of the folks in a like manner. Being a spokesperson for an event does not mean you have offer yourself up to be bashed like a piñata.

Our event will go on and so far "the overwhelming majority" here have and will continue to enjoy it on our free stream. And again: our event has nothing to do with John Schmidt. Bobby has wanted to do something like this out of his love for the game for some 20 years and he's finally getting a chance to do it and it's gotten off with a blast. For some reason that sticks in some folks' craw. Don't believe me, just go back and look at the comments in this thread. But there's nothing to be done about that so we'll just press on producing an event with super high level 14.1 play for pool fans everywhere to enjoy.

Lou Figueroa

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do alright.

But to the broader point, there is a small group here that insists on airing their conspiracy theories and and basically repeatedly insisting I'm lying on any number of issues. I don't owe that small minority of folks any level of respect and I think you do the membership at large here a disservice when you insinuate the majority of them cannot see what's really happening. I am well within my rights responding to the negativity and abuse I personally get from some of the folks in a like manner. Being a spokesperson for an event does not mean you have offer yourself up to be bashed like a piñata.

Our event will go on and so far "the overwhelming majority" here have and will continue to enjoy it on our free stream. And again: our event has nothing to do with John Schmidt. Bobby has wanted to do something like this out of his love for the game for some 20 years and he's finally getting a chance to do it and it's gotten off with a blast. For some reason that sticks in some folks' craw. Don't believe me, just go back and look at the comments in this thread. But there's nothing to be done about that so we'll just press on producing an event with super high level 14.1 play for pool fans everywhere to enjoy.

Lou Figueroa
Everyone loves the free stream, not just "the overwhelming majority." "The overwhelming majority" thinks you're being shiithead, however.

I hope you don't stop...it's kind of entertaining.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I do alright.

Lou Figueroa
The point was about how, not what you are delivering. It's up for debate about who became unpleasant first.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point was about how, not what you are delivering. It's up for debate about who became unpleasant first.

No debate -- I like to keep my powder dry until I can see the whites of their eyes.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Col William Prescott

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
to be civil. to establish a true record you have to be completely transparent. other wise it is just a great feat that cant be compared to by another entrant as he cant play under the same conditions, or even know what they are.

the 714 balls were run into pockets on a pool table that is about all that can be considered for a record. and it is a record for that.
not a record that was set under transparent conditions with the public and or independent observers present playing under standard conditions that can be duplicated by others..

lou's reply to this will be:

you are just another whinny person that cant accept reality and are looking to nit pick anything that is done.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to be civil. to establish a true record you have to be completely transparent. other wise it is just a great feat that cant be compared to by another entrant as he cant play under the same conditions, or even know what they are.

the 714 balls were run into pockets on a pool table that is about all that can be considered for a record. and it is a record for that.
not a record that was set under transparent conditions with the public and or independent observers present playing under standard conditions that can be duplicated by others..

lou's reply to this will be:

you are just another whinny person that cant accept reality and are looking to nit pick anything that is done.
Were the exact pocket specs of the table Mosconi ran 526 on made public knowledge?

The dude ran SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN balls. Y'all are making it sound like Shaw can't play a lick and the only reason he ran that many balls is because no one knows the down angle of the pocket. Ninety five percent of the folks nit picking the specs probably couldn't run 70 on that table.

Give it a rest already. Stop channeling your inner Danny Harriman.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps another completely separate 14.1 high run world record needs to be recognized on unaltered Diamond tables. They are all 4-1/2” corners with 142° facing angles and 5” sides, so there would be no questions.

I’m guessing the current Diamond table high run record is not much over 300 balls, and likely less than that as far as a run that has been completely taped and validated.

As tour cut Diamond’s have become the worldwide accepted commercial tournament table of choice with strict consistent table specs that pros nearly always play on, this record would hold much more legitimacy, at least to myself and I would guess many others who follow the game closely.
Well. This makes so much sense to me. Look, Mosconi played on the tables that were representative of the tables in many, many rooms in the 1950s. So why should not today's pros have enough confidence in their ball pocketing ability to just use the tables that are dominant for today's competition. The idea of going for high run records to " beat" Mosconi, by using table specs non- standard to today's most common competitive tables was started not with the most recent attempts that included Jason Shaw; but apparently by the person who claimed the 626 high run prior to the 714 run.

For any modern sports person who has access today to all sorts of training, equipment, shared knowledge, etc. etc. that sports greats from many years ago never experienced, yet still want to deviate WAY BACK to selected forms of "easier"competitive situations in order to "break" long standing records is just absurd and has no standing in my own personal judgement as far as measuring superiority.

Yes the achievements of 626 or 714 are superb, from any angle, but let's stop all this absurdity now and get these guys on Diamond pros to see what the true modern day 14.1 Hi-Run record will be- not some made up B.S.