Shaw 714 DVD

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was a personal quest of Johns, it was solely his desire to break the 526 record, and with no pot of gold waiting for him if he did!
He might have a shot at 714 when you run your event on the 1940 Brunswick with 6 / 6 1/2 pockets. Hope you have a
couple months to let him try.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the trick to successful marketing is to have a desirable product.
Getting to market first helps a lot as well.

Didn’t work out for MySpace as Facebook knocked them down.

But timing is as important as the desire of the market for your good or service.

It’s a complex study of human nature-marketing in general. The quality of the product alone is not always enough.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he was playing for tens of thousands of dollars and a world record. Pure delusion to call this some kind of pressure-free practice session.
After a while the pressure of money fades, that takes a very very long time to develop that & a certain personality as well. Look at poker players shoving in 6-7 figures on the turn of a card. Most people can’t breathe playing $100 pool.

I’m not saying it was pressure free, but I bet you ask him that or Mcup which one is more pressure. He will say Mcup.

You get numb to the $ when it’s your job in most cases. When your a hobby player and are in action now and then money can have a huge impact on how you play.

Experience levels most emotions out in pool

Best
Fatboy<———just a beginner trying to get better.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree, you dont think that the deeper he got into the run that he didn't feel some pressure? If you play straight pool, give this a try, pick a number 3x higher than your own personal best high run and see if/when you get close the pressure don't set in. It might not be for some cheese (but there was $$ involved) but taking pride in your own accomplishment carries some weight.
I would guess he felt it at 526 for a bit and 626 after that it was a free roll.

Segal says “soon as I had my nut covered(meaning entry fee & travel) playing in a tourney, it was a free roll” Mike was about the best front runner of all time. He told me numerous times he felt nervous first couple matches and on the $ bubble-depending on “savers”.

Soon as Mike was ahead and his $ was covered, he loosened up and just won the tourney more often than not. Same for other pro’s I have spoke to on this topic. Appleton is another one: the bigger the “stage” the more significant the tourney the better he plays.

They get up for this action, it plays into their strengths. That’s why they are champions and not rail birds.

Fatboy<——-knows a few guys, can’t do what they do.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John should have done more to promote his run. Including live streams and then do what Bobby did. Unfortunately the feed was cut because it went longer than 8 hours and couldn’t be rebooted because the video would have been cut.

I guess John thought that his run wouldn’t be taken out anything soon. Just goes to show you how marketing and promoting is a major factor in getting the most from your efforts
John Schmidt did live stream his attempts from Bull Shooters in Phoenix for a month or so. Many people on here watched the stream. Then he started again at Easy Street Billiards in Monterey. I don't know why those weren't streamed but I presume it was related to sponsorship.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe I was thinking about charging 1 dollar for a year's worth of high run attempts. I'm sure several of these complainers wouldn't pay a single dollar. LOL. But I wont be charging for the live streams but things could change but I certainly doubt it. And to be clear the video is copyrighted and it wont be seen for free on You tube or other places and if is put up on the internet anywhere we will find it and expose the crooks andtake legal action to the most extensive penalty's possible. People might copy it but there will be a penalty for doing so.
On the new streams, will you be deleting the comments that mention John Schmidt like on the previous streams?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Compared to gambling it is .... he had nothing to loose. when im shooting balls it is completely different than when the game has something on it to apply pressure
If you haven't, you should take up straight pool. It doesn't matter if your personal best is 700, 400 or a mere 50. When you start to inch near that marker the pressure sky rockets.

Players like Shaw wear that pressure like their favourite sweat shirt. Adding some level of bet wouldn't have made him sweat any heavier.

xX-Wizard-Xx

If you haven't, you should take up straight pool. It doesn't matter if your personal best is 700, 400 or a mere 50. When you start to inch near that marker the pressure sky rockets.

Players like Shaw wear that pressure like their favourite sweat shirt. Adding some level of bet wouldn't have made him sweat any heavier.
i play everything .... i hate 8 ball though