Shaw 714 DVD

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'd not dropped by here recently, but nice to see the conversation continuing...One may even say it's moved on from discussion topics that have been drilled into the ground with MANY pages of discussion.

I feel fortunate to have had the time to watch much of his runs. Also fortunate to have watched the end of the high run. Impressive shooting. Also impressive desire\focus. I hope Jayson is able to sell all the DVDs at that price. Personally, not a chance I'm paying that kind of money for a DVD. (Even if I had a DVD player)

With regard to the event, I hope others get a chance to break this record. I hope a few of them are players known for a decent background in straight pool. I also hope John Schmidt is one of them. It sure looks like there is bad blood between JS and the organizer of this event. That would bury that hatchet in my opinion and give JS the shot to break it. Not sure if he would or would not, but would be fun to see him try! I also hope the details\specs of the next table are accurately measured and communicated in the hopes that future runs can replicate those conditions in an effort to have a level playing field. (And minimize Glen's time on this board so he can make money at the day job!) :)
Do you have a list of all the players who John had in his event?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Do you have a list of all the players who John had in his event?

John had an event? I thought John was going after a personal goal. An event implies more than one person don't it? If you're wondering if John had people helping him, then yes he did.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
John had an event? I thought John was going after a personal goal. An event implies more than one person don't it? If you're wondering if John had people helping him, then yes he did.

What event? Schmidt did his run in a poolroom in NoCal.

Yes, I know that. It was a sarcastic reply to someone suggesting John "deserved" a shot at the Legends event

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I'd guess he will sell around 40 packages for this price. Anything over 100 I'll consider a miracle and selling out 714 - not in 100 years.

The run was recorded in HD, getting a DVD in low resolution would be a big drawback for me.

I would guess Jayson would make the most profit pricing it around 50$. And a digital HD version would make for a much easier distribution. I wouldn't care either for the autograph or a peace of cloth...
I would be surprised if a digital download or another option isn’t available at some point. Either, he sells out the 714 copies, or, he doesn’t sell out.

In the first instances it would be evident that he is leaving money on the table by not meeting the demand. In the second instance, it would make sense to adjust the cost and approach to continue to sell copies.

I don’t think a $50 digital download would make sense though. At that price you are still only targeting the die hards.

I think when determining the optimal price for this we need to set aside the achievement and consider what people will actually pay for. It is only worth what the market will bear. Ideally I think you need to price it a point where you also get people buying out of general interest and not just the straight pool fanatics.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, I know that. It was a sarcastic reply to someone suggesting John "deserved" a shot at the Legends event

You don't think he deserves a shot at defending his 626 high run, in which this event WASN'T about breaking? Unless you think Jason was shooting to break Willie's 526 high run! On the SAME table Jason ran 714 on!!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You don't think he deserves a shot at defending his 626 high run, in which this event WASN'T about breaking? Unless you think Jason was shooting to break Willie's 526 high run! On the SAME table Jason ran 714 on!!
I didn't say and don't think any of those things.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they would have made some kind of package for Mosconi’s 526 in 1954 I wonder what a package would be worth today? Maybe less since the record has been broken

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be surprised if a digital download or another option isn’t available at some point. Either, he sells out the 714 copies, or, he doesn’t sell out.

In the first instances it would be evident that he is leaving money on the table by not meeting the demand. In the second instance, it would make sense to adjust the cost and approach to continue to sell copies.

I don’t think a $50 digital download would make sense though. At that price you are still only targeting the die hards.

I think when determining the optimal price for this we need to set aside the achievement and consider what people will actually pay for. It is only worth what the market will bear. Ideally I think you need to price it a point where you also get people buying out of general interest and not just the straight pool fanatics.

You are also buying a shot at the cue and helping Jayson and his family out too.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We are all waiting for your event on the old brunswick with 6"/6 1/2" pockets. Will you invite Jayson too?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Bobby has often said, the #1 criteria for any player to participate in our event is: a positive attitude.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
As Bobby has often said, the #1 criteria for any player to participate in our event is: a positive attitude.

Lou Figueroa
Yes, we all know this whole thing was just as pure as fresh driven snow.
I'm still curious. If Jason shot 527 would you be cutting up the cloth?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I heard that ‘Curiosity killed th’ Cat’.
I heard that ‘One(1) monkey, don’t stop no show’.
I heard someone say, “how sweet it is”.
radar, no x’s
Do you have anything original to say?