Shaw 714 DVD

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont really care about high runs in non-competition environment. i would like to see the two of them play in an exhibition style game maybe winner gets $X Amount. That might be worth 50$ bucks for a DVD

Put a team together, get a table, recording equipment, invite the players, and put up the dough.

I promise I will tune in to your event.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a straight pool player but from my point of view this is not a good example of how to play competitive straight pool. There was no winner or loser, Shaw always had the option to start over and try again. If he were playing tournament pool and missed position or a break out shot he goes home with nothing, no more attempts. The only thing he loses in his high run attempt is time invested so far. Just try again tomorrow.

Our event was clearly not about two guys going down a drag strip side-by-side — this was about one guy going to the Bonneville Salt Flats and trying to set a record ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
John should have done more to promote his run. Including live streams and then do what Bobby did. Unfortunately the feed was cut because it went longer than 8 hours and couldn’t be rebooted because the video would have been cut.

I guess John thought that his run wouldn’t be taken out anything soon. Just goes to show you how marketing and promoting is a major factor in getting the most from your efforts

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John should have done more to promote his run. Including live streams and then do what Bobby did and cut the feed before breaking the record. I guess John thought that his run wouldn’t be taken out anything soon. Just goes to show you how marketing and promoting is a major factor in getting the most from your efforts

As I understand it, the feed got cut by accident and then one of our techs streamed the last of the run live with his phone off the monitor.

Lou Figueroa

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You want to know what is wrong with pool, you T-Rex armed nitballs. The guy runs 714 balls, decides to do a fairly inexpensive commemorative package and you don't support an accomplishment like this. You are the same people that bring your own water bottle into a pool hall to save 1.25 on a water, It is an embarrassment. I don't even like straight pool and I'll get one.
Joe I was thinking about charging 1 dollar for a year's worth of high run attempts. I'm sure several of these complainers wouldn't pay a single dollar. LOL. But I wont be charging for the live streams but things could change but I certainly doubt it. And to be clear the video is copyrighted and it wont be seen for free on You tube or other places and if is put up on the internet anywhere we will find it and expose the crooks and take legal action to the most extensive penalty's possible. People might copy it but there will be a penalty for doing so.

Last edited:

xX-Wizard-Xx

Joe I was thinking about charging 1 dollar for a year's worth of high run attempts. I'm sure several of these complainers wouldn't pay a single dollar. LOL. But I wont be charging for the live streams but things could change but I certainly doubt it. And to be clear the video is copyrighted and it wont be seen for free on You tube or other places and if is put up on the internet anywhere we will find it and expose the crooks andtake legal action to the most extensive penalty's possible. People might copy it but there will be a penalty for doing so.
Your probably right... I would rather read an educational book about 14.1

TurboDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Compared to gambling it is .... he had nothing to loose. when im shooting balls it is completely different than when the game has something on it to apply pressure
I disagree, you dont think that the deeper he got into the run that he didn't feel some pressure? If you play straight pool, give this a try, pick a number 3x higher than your own personal best high run and see if/when you get close the pressure don't set in. It might not be for some cheese (but there was $$ involved) but taking pride in your own accomplishment carries some weight.