Pool Ball Collecting.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Old Stock, Original packaging, unplayed, with the appropriate case.

1646880409600.jpeg

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. "New Old Stock". That set hasn't been made in quite a few years. To find a new unused set is quite a find!
The seller said they were unused - and upon my inspection and measurements I 100% believe it. Does anyone know what year they stopped using that box?

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So they arrived...what exactly do I have here bone or ivory, or something else.

The inside of the lid references Special Composition ball. Do you guys think the box is original to the ball?
Screenshot_20220331-115141_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-115118_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-115032_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-115100_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-115051_Gallery.jpg

mrpiper

Registered
I have never played with the Aramith Magnetic, particularly not on my home table, but I do own the other two. While CLEARLY ALL THREE are made by Aramith, my personal experience is that the Arcos II Cue ball is somehow different. It stays cleaner, longer than any other ball I own with only 1 exception. There are many debates here about whether Arcos II is just a Super Aramith Pro with special marking, or a separate "special formula". Aramith says it is same "specifications" as SAP, while Predator says it is a "unique formulation". I don't know, but I SWEAR it performs better. ALL cue balls, however, now play 2nd place to Dynasphere, whose cue balls, and balls have a finish that stays clean and pristine FAR longer than any other ball or set I have ever owned or played without regard to the "level" or cost. ALL Dynaspheres sets play and perform the same regardless of cost.

Last edited:

Rusty in Montana

I'd like to know where I can buy a clear container to store a autographed pool ball that I just acquired recently and I'd like to display it in a protective cover of some sort or another .
Thank you in advance for any help on this matter .
Or should I post my enquiry in the wanted section ?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to know where I can buy a clear container to store a autographed pool ball that I just acquired recently and I'd like to display it in a protective cover of some sort or another .
Should fit in a baseball show box. Google can be your friend.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never played with the Aramith Magnetic, particularly not on my home table, but I do own the other two. While CLEARLY ALL THREE are made by Aramith, my personal experience is that the Arcos II Cue ball is somehow different. It stays cleaner, longer than any other ball I own with only 1 exception. There are many debates here about whether Arcos II is just a Super Aramith Pro with special marking, or a separate "special formula". Aramith says it is same "specifications" as SAP, while Predator says it is a "unique formulation". I don't know, but I SWEAR it performs better. ALL cue balls, however, now play 2nd place to Dynasphere, whose cue balls, and balls have a finish that stays clean and pristine FAR longer than any other ball or set I have ever owned or played without regard to the "level" or cost. ALL sets play and perform the same regardless of cost.
Last sentence contradicts your whole paragraph 🤔

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

Rusty in Montana

Thank you rexus31 that is just right I'll be ordering one first thing next week , well maybe since we've got a full blown white out going on outside now which has shut down many of the schools and roads in Montana ha ha
Happy Easter Everyone !

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you rexus31 that is just right I'll be ordering one first thing next week , well maybe since we've got a full blown white out going on outside now which has shut down many of the schools and roads in Montana ha ha
Happy Easter Everyone !
You're welcome! We're sunny and 80 degrees in SoCal. Happy Easter!