Carbon Fiber Shaft Price Comparison

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Comparing cf shafts strictly by price is silly and they aren't all the same. I own a Meucci Carbon Pro and a Mcdermott Defy, They are not even similar in anything but price.

Comparing cf shafts strictly by price is silly and they aren't all the same. I own a Meucci Carbon Pro and a Mcdermott Defy, They are not even similar in anything but price.

Thank you for your input.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a resource for those who do wish to compare based on price.

For most people, price is one of the factors that is considered when looking to upgrade equipment.

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Thank you for your input.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a resource for those who do wish to compare based on price.

For most people, price is one of the factors that is considered when looking to upgrade equipment.
I agree. My point is that price is a poor measure for shaft performance. I don't know how cheap cf shafts perform but I know there is a difference in feel, sound, shaft filler, etc. in the high-end shafts.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't hit them but just based on YT video reviews some these cheaper shafts look to play/feel/sound pretty well.
I'm sure some of them are ok, but most are nothing special. I tried couple of the cheaper ones and they felt terrible, on top of it deflection was huge. We are talking a bad wood shaft level. But I'm picky.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I agree. My point is that price is a poor measure for shaft performance. I don't know how cheap cf shafts perform but I know there is a difference in feel, sound, shaft filler, etc. in the high-end shafts.
again hes not comparing performance by prices, just listing whats available at what price.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Anyone have any feed back on GO customs shafts? I'm looking into my next purchase being 11.5 to 11.6, so on the smaller range, But I'm thinking of going with his original taper vs. the super slim 16inch being the smaller size. Any input and reviews would be great.

crazy8legs

Registered
Anyone have any feed back on GO customs shafts? I'm looking into my next purchase being 11.5 to 11.6, so on the smaller range, But I'm thinking of going with his original taper vs. the super slim 16inch being the smaller size. Any input and reviews would be great.
I have a GO. The feel of the shaft and the feel of the hit is probably better than any I've shot with. Goran the owner is very responsive on the GO FB page, and is a nice guy to work with. I shoot with his SL 12.6. My only issue is it still deflects a little more than my Predator Vantage, and I think I still prefer the feel of wood. If you're going skinny though I don't think you will have any deflection issues.

crazy8legs

Registered
I just found another one I think:

Prine Custom Cues - Optimus CF shaft
$377

They claim there is zero deflection, and the Drill Instructor, Dominic Esposito, is associated with the company somehow.

Does anyone know anything about this one?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just found another one I think:

Prine Custom Cues - Optimus CF shaft
$377

They claim there is zero deflection, and the Drill Instructor, Dominic Esposito, is associated with the company somehow.

Does anyone know anything about this one?
actually they say
"zero deflection performance technology" (ZDPT)
as i understand from what i read the shaft has a 10-14 inch pivot point to try and get squirt and swerve to cancel out

Last edited: