Carbon Fiber Shaft Price Comparison

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Silver Member
Ned Morris's Evolution shaft is about $350 matched to your butt. It's as great or better that a REVO. Try it out. I have three of them and I love them..

MurrayNevada

Anyone have experience with the Whyte carbon fiber shafts? Looks like the most expensive one out there.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the Cuetec Cynergy is the only one made entirely by the cue company. The rest are sourcing their carbon tubes from other suppliers.
Are you certain about this?? I believe Becue is making all their cues and shafts themselves in house...

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you certain about this?? I believe Becue is making all their cues and shafts themselves in house...
I've seen the Cuetec factory where they literally create the fiber tow. I can't speak with 100% certainty, but would find it hard to believe that BeCue had invested the millions of dollars required to manufacture their own from start to finish, but I could be wrong.

I know that Predator does not make their own Carbon Fiber tubes and,or tow, and they have considerably more resources than Becue, but as for BeCue, I am not 100%.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen the Cuetec factory where they literally create the fiber tow. I can't speak with 100% certainty, but would find it hard to believe that BeCue had invested the millions of dollars required to manufacture their own from start to finish, but I could be wrong.

I know that Predator does not make their own Carbon Fiber tubes and,or tow, and they have considerably more resources than Becue, but as for BeCue, I am not 100%.
Thanks for the reply.

Obviously there is far more in the manufacturing process that I do not know about. If it costs that amount it would make sense that it would not be economically viable for all these small shaft companies to produce their own tubes. If you could explain what the tow is I am curious to learn more... Thanks again!!

Anyone have experience with the Whyte carbon fiber shafts? Looks like the most expensive one out there.

I'm interested in hearing others experience as well.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply.

Obviously there is far more in the manufacturing process that I do not know about. If it costs that amount it would make sense that it would not be economically viable for all these small shaft companies to produce their own tubes. If you could explain what the tow is I am curious to learn more... Thanks again!!
Carbon fiber tow is basically the thread used to weave carbon fiber. In this case the threads are oriented in specifc directions creating a unique weave or pattern. These sheets of the woven carbon fiber tow are then wrapped around a mandrel to create the tubes. Different shaft tapers require different mandrels, and in Cuetec's case, different fiber tow orientations are used to increase stiffness or flexibility depending on the location along the taper.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Eddie Wheat is coming with a $1000 cf shaft that’s co-branded with Ferrari 😉

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator make their own tubes. Told me this direct.
They lied. Their facility outside of Boston polishes the tubes, fill them with foam, and builds the front end and joint inserts, but Predator in no way manufactures the tubes themselves.

Predator doesn't own a factory. Their cues are made in the same factory as Lucasi and others at HIE (Hamson International Enterprises) and at Kao Kao. Their cases come from the same supplier as QK-S, again in China. The closest thing to a manufacturing facility owned by Predator is the facility outside Boston. They stopped making cues and shafts in Jacksonville, FL by 2010.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
They lied. Their facility outside of Boston polishes the tubes, fill them with foam, and builds the front end and joint inserts, but Predator in no way manufactures the tubes themselves.

Predator doesn't own a factory. Their cues are made in the same factory as Lucasi and others at HIE (Hamson International Enterprises) and at Kao Kao. Their cases come from the same supplier as QK-S, again in China. The closest thing to a manufacturing facility owned by Predator is the facility outside Boston. They stopped making cues and shafts in Jacksonville, FL by 2010.
Kao Kao? I thought they used the Taican factory.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Predator uses KaoKao for anything. Possible but i don't think so. Hamson/Universal is the old Taican plant. They make Pred, Lucasi, Players, Riley, Dufferin, Buffalo to name a few. BIG operation.
At this date I can't confirm their use of Kao Kao, but can confirm that some BK and Sport cues came from there 5 years ago. They also did some of the Poison cues at one point.