TOM WIRTH

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SOS… What is your 1p level. Your strong and weak points. Can you go 8nOut consistently or on occasion. Are you an informal player, tournament or money player? Please rate yourself.
To the other readers…Once again this thread is an Instructor Review thread not opinions on how to or not learn 1p.
i think you should carry out that discussion via PM
as it is not relevant to how good an instructor tom worth is

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bought his book and dvds ... i also have the robins books .... all are really good
i have broke and ran 1p a few times. 8 and out ... i can run 6 9ball racks....
im an above average player .... 1 pocket is a game of imagination ..... setting your limits to what someone shows you is a mistake ..... every game is an opportunity for something new
you obviously have strong pool skills if you can run 6 racks in a row of 9 ball
yet you still bought eddie robbin's and tom wirth's books
why didnt you just play stronger players?
who says anyone is setting their limits on what is shown in a lesson
but why re -invent the wheel if you dont have to?

xX-Wizard-Xx

you obviously have strong pool skills if you can run 6 racks in a row of 9 ball
yet you still bought eddie robbin's and tom wirth's books
why didnt you just play stronger players?
who says anyone is setting their limits on what is shown in a lesson
but why re -invent the wheel if you dont have to?
collectible value, honestly i havent really read Toms books or watched the dvds.. just glossed over them ... eddie books i enjoyed the stories.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
collectible value
good reason
did you read them?
did you learn anything from them?
I see you answered my two questions in your post
and I guess instruction is not for you
but for someone who is looking for an instructor I think Tom Wirth is excellent

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i think you should carry out that discussion via PM
as it is not relevant to how good an instructor tom worth is
collectible value, honestly i havent really read Toms books or watched the dvds.. just glossed over them ... eddie books i enjoyed the stories.
Haven’t read or watched and saying Virtual is not valuable. Case closed.

Tom sets a time that’s convenient for the student/client. Very accommodating. Yes to prices more than reasonable. I enjoy every
aspect we cover… but my favorite… Caroms. I call Tom “King Carom”.
I know he has a few regular out of state students … they are not AZB posters but would love to hear from them. Since my last 2 virtuals my confidence level is up. I feel I’m stronger/smarter and holding my own with players that intimidated and crushed me 6 months ago.

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
im an above average player .... 1 pocket is a game of imagination ..... setting your limits to what someone shows you is a mistake ..... every game is an opportunity for something new
SOS, You are right that One Pocket is a game of imagination but how does someone expand their imagination? I feel it comes from first understanding how things work and then exposing yourself to new ways to look at these concepts. We all tend to view things in a particular way until somehow we are confronted with a different perspective. Can we gain these various ways of interpreting what we see on our own? I think so but why do it the hard way? This is why books throughout the ages have been so important to the development of human culture. Where would we be if we didn't take the knowledge we gained from others and expand that thinking in multiple directions.
"Every game is an opportunity to learn something new" and every lesson from a gifted instructor provides an opportunity to learn that much quicker.

Cheers,

Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Every game is an opportunity to learn something new" and every lesson from a gifted instructor provides an opportunity to learn that much quicker.

Cheers,

Tom
My performance yesterday was way off… was one of those days…but I’ll turn it around use it as a learning experience. Some things came up that we’ll work on virtually during the Summer. The convenience of virtual adds to the fun of one on one. It’s home away from home. Aside from drills I appreciate that Tom critiques my stroke. I have a tendency to baby the ball. It’s good to be overseen and corrected. I appreciate how observant he is. Another plus to a TRW virtual lesson.

Last edited: