TIGER FORTIS PRO

Would like some opinions on the fortis pro carbon shaft. I currently have a mezz ignite. I like trying new products and looks like a great shaft. Let me know your opinion. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s gonna have to play really good to get on that mezz ignite shaft. I have sold and had them all and the mezz plays the best

I have tried most of the carbon fiber shafts including the Cuetec Cynergy, McDermott Defy, Mezz Ignite, etc, but they are very expensive & you usually in most if not all cases are getting just a shaft for $400-600 which is crazy. With JFlowers Cues, you can get a full set up with a carbon fiber shaft & a maple butt for $319, it's the JF10-11WF. Check it out at: https://jflowerscues.com/product/jf10-11wf/.

They are expensive for a reason. You get what you pay for. That like saying a action cue plays as good as a mezz, predator etc. I made some carbon shafts and they played pretty good but I haven’t played with a carbon shaft that played as good as the ignite. I was hoping the fortis had some good reviews I was gonna try one out. Also if you look them up there is no videos about them from tiger. There advertising needs some major work. They have 5 videos total on YouTube and that’s from -2 years ago

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried most of the carbon fiber shafts including the Cuetec Cynergy, McDermott Defy, Mezz Ignite, etc, but they are very expensive & you usually in most if not all cases are getting just a shaft for $400-600 which is crazy. With JFlowers Cues, you can get a full set up with a carbon fiber shaft & a maple butt for $319, it's the JF10-11WF. Check it out at: https://jflowerscues.com/product/jf10-11wf/.

From players that tried that JFlowers carbon shaft it has a high deflection compared to even standard LD shafts. Not a great choice when looking for a shaft that plays similar to the good CF shafts like the Ignite or Revo.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like some opinions on the fortis pro carbon shaft. I currently have a mezz ignite. I like trying new products and looks like a great shaft. Let me know your opinion. Thanks

Try the OB Carbon, just tried one for a bit at SBE and really liked it, low deflection with nicer feel than the Revo or the Ignite (I owned both of those and still play with the Revo). Really the Ignite is up there in the top few CF shafts when it comes to hit feel and deflection so not much reason for you to swap except to try it out for comparison.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Tiger Fortis 12.5mm shaft and it plays amazing. Very good for long shots. I did not like sniper tip and changed to kamui.
Probably best fiber or one of.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Tiger Fortis 12.5mm shaft and it plays amazing. Very good for long shots. I did not like sniper tip and changed to kamui.
How is the sound? What about LD vs predators?

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the sound? What about LD vs predators?
I did not pay attention to sound, if you get 1 layer tip and dont shape it to be sharp it would sound different than stock tip and its default shape. It is LD, I dont really like predator so did not compare. Its similar to Mezz ignite. Its finish is the best, slides nicely, probably the best.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not pay attention to sound, if you get 1 layer tip and dont shape it to be sharp it would sound different than stock tip and its default shape. It is LD, I dont really like predator so did not compare. Its similar to Mezz ignite. Its finish is the best, slides nicely, probably the best.
I wanted to know if there is a ping like sound similar to phenolic hit sound.
Mezz Ignite is a good point of reference. Thanks

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are expensive for a reason. You get what you pay for. That like saying a action cue plays as good as a mezz, predator etc. I made some carbon shafts and they played pretty good but I haven’t played with a carbon shaft that played as good as the ignite. I was hoping the fortis had some good reviews I was gonna try one out. Also if you look them up there is no videos about them from tiger. There advertising needs some major work. They have 5 videos total on YouTube and that’s from -2 years ago

Mezz does some serious research and in my opinion is the best of all production cue companies. They also sponsor a lot of players. I would buy a Mezz before just about any other production cue or shaft with Predator coming in a very close 2nd place..

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz does some serious research and in my opinion is the best of all production cue companies. They also sponsor a lot of players. I would buy a Mezz before just about any other production cue or shaft with Predator coming in a very close 2nd place..
I'm waiting for Tiger Fortis review which should come in a week or two. I usually go with Predator and Mezz, but in case of CF, Iginte's tip is too small and Revo has the ping. Tiger makes relatively good products.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Tiger responds to my availability request with "Message Seyberts".

Seyberts answers my price and availability request with "Add it to the cart to get price with shipping".

I go to Seyberts page and the Fortis still is not listed. So I emailed again to find out about getting one...they don't seem in a rush to sell any.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I played with a Konlin CF shaft which is the same as the JFlowers build, the shaft is not LD at all. During my tests it totally missed a ball on the far side of the table when using spin, same as a house cue. Even a mild LD shaft was able to hit the ball about 1/4 full, and the Revo and a few others hit the ball almost full on. Standard shafts (house cues, the Konlin/JFlowers CF, Joss/McDermott/Lucasi maple, end up hitting about the grey ball. Higher level of LD shafts like Revo, Z3, OB Carbon, Mezz Ignite hit about the orange, almost full on. The less than top LD shafts, 314, OB wood shafts like OB1/2 or Phoenix, other CF shafts like Cuetec, Meucci, Jacoby, were around the green. This of course does not mean that the less LD the shaft has the better a given person will play with it, I think the reason the Cuetec and other shafts are popular is exactly because they don't react or have a hit feel like a super LD carbon fiber shaft, they are closer to a wood LD shaft so people feel more comfortable with them.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
BigNick im a dealer for Tiger if you would like to order one still I will be glad to help. 662-292-5355. Shoot me a text

Juan A

Registered
I also disliked the sniper on my Fortis. I had mine changed to the Tiger Onyx and I am really impressed. I am loving the fortis.