Predator cue questions?

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's The opinion on the Predator Black and Ikon series cues? I know they are more than likely overpriced.
Nothing special, they play like other predator cues which is good.
If you want to save money Nielsen's Billiards has cheap black predator butts with shafts for $439 used to be $400 recently, add probably $160 if you want Revo. The construction of these butts is apparently C4+, just like the Black and Ikon series.

TrxR

Really? Which models are fake i.e.?
I just seen a post either on here or FB where a guy was refinishing a Predator cue with points for a buddy but when he started stripping it he found out the points were just painted on and the butt was just one piece of maple.

It was a SP2 cue

Last edited:

TrxR

Well if you think of buying try first if possible.

Then you know what your getting.🤭
No trying anything here as no shop carries them in stock and I don't know of anyone that has one.

I may just buy a Carbon Fibre shaft to try on my Viking but it's one of them deals where I would like to try a new cue after having the visiting for 15+ years.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No trying anything here as no shop carries them in stock and I don't know of anyone that has one.

I may just buy a Carbon Fibre shaft to try on my Viking but it's one of them deals where I would like to try a new cue after having the visiting for 15+ years.
Not all of them are the same. Many CF actually are not that good, and without trying them out it is tough to get something you like.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just seen a post either on here or FB where a guy was refinishing a Predator cue with points for a buddy but when he started stripping it he found out the points were just painted on and the butt was just one piece of maple.

It was a SP2 cue
That SP2 is obviously painted. As for the iKon’s. Nice feel. Thin butt. Can change the weight. As for any Predator cue.. you like it, want it>>> buy it

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nielsen's Billiards has cheap black predator butts with shafts for $439 used to be $400 recently, add probably $160 if you want Revo. The construction of these butts is apparently C4+, just like the Black and Ikon series

Both a Z3 and 314-3 shaft cost $339, so the butt is only $100??? Seems like a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, like all Predator cues, the butts are too thin. I like that Nielsen's lists the butt diameter. One time, I emailed Predator and I asked them what the diameter of the butt was on a cue I was interested in, and they emailed me back and said the butt diameter was proprietary information. 🤣

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Both a Z3 and 314-3 shaft cost $339, so the butt is only $100??? Seems like a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, like all Predator cues, the butts are too thin. I like that Nielsen's lists the butt diameter. One time, I emailed Predator and I asked them what the diameter of the butt was on a cue I was interested in, and they emailed me back and said the butt diameter was proprietary information. 🤣

That is funny about proprietary information, wind of the people a Predator realize people own tape measures, micrometers, and dial calipers.

This or that was dumb reply about size of Cue butt.🥳

TrxR

So did you ever find out the diameter of the butt on Predator cues? I wonder if it much different than the Viking I'm playing with now?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So did you ever find out the diameter of the butt on Predator cues? I wonder if it much different than the Viking I'm playing with now?
What do you mean? I assume the diameter of the butt is different for different models. That inexpensive one from Nielson's is 1.23-1.24 inches at the very end of the butt. I don't think Predator makes a butt that is thicker than 1.24 inches.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is funny about proprietary information, wind of the people a Predator realize people own tape measures, micrometers, and dial calipers.

This or that was dumb reply about size of Cue butt.🥳
The Chinese are pretty good at stealing proprietary information, but they are stumped on this one.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The Chinese are pretty good at stealing proprietary information, but they are stumped on this one.

Industrial espionage is practiced globally. It was people do to beat competition.

Friend worked at automotive test facility the companies take product security seriously.

Drone with camera are new threat to steal secrets.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, it is a great price, when I bought mine the price was even better. The end of the butt is perfect size for me, but it would be nice if the rest was thicker. The hit is very solid. I used to have P2 and that one had too much vibration, I don't like that type of feedback aside from the novelty thing.
According to one of the Predator sites the thickest butt they offer is the P3 Black, you may want to check that one.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's The opinion on the Predator Black and Ikon series cues? I know they are more than likely overpriced.

Well, they are Predator cues. If you like the design as good as any of the others. Personally I would not spend over $500 on a non-custom maker cue, unless you want a Revo or some other high end shaft and it came with it. And I mean $500 on a full cue not just the butt which a lot of players are selling now. I think I see more "butt only" posts on Facebook now than anything else.

The radial pin Predators have a better hit feel than the quick release ones. I tried out a bunch with the same shaft model, every radial I liked better than the quick release.