5 Pin Euro Championships - Kozoom (English)

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
For those among us who really like the more esoteric games of billiards:

Never played it, only first heard of it through Byrne. I can't see playing only this game, but it would be a fun diversion. Wonder what systems they use...they kick at a whole other level.

Posted here because this is a rare chance to see the game with english commentary and quality video.

You can find other videos of the game on Kozoom's youtube channel as well.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the 5 pins is an awesome game ! But warning, better is to have some defensive chromosomes , else you'll suffer ....

a little detail about 5 pins cues : the 5 pins cues are much heavier than 3 cushion cues, usually 620g to 680g (22 to 24oz) , the shafts are very stiff and most of the time they are made in composite materials : carbon, kevlar/aramid or a mix of both , sometimes with a wood top coat. They use composite materials in 5 pins shafts for at least 30-40 years , so, the carbon pool shaft is far from being a novelty ...
The 5 pins butts are often including a weight/balance adjusting system , to be able to easily customize the balance point & the weight ....

When you visit italy, be carefull : 5 pins players can play serious pool , and they are always damn defensive players.

here is a link to a file about 5 pins vocabulary & technics, including many 5 pins kicking systems (in french)

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
the 5 pins is an awesome game ! But warning, better is to have some defensive chromosomes , else you'll suffer ....

here is a link to a file about 5 pins vocabulary & technics, including many 5 pins kicking systems (in french)
It's interesting to see Dr. Dave quoted in that document.

The first time I saw 5-pin was in Rome and the players were doing the "throw by hand" form. I was a little surprised as there were perfectly good cues on the wall. The version of 5-pin I've played (for a few hours) required your cue ball to contact the red first. The version of the game in the document requires you to contact the opponent's ball first. Also, the scoring rules are very different.