Dennis Orcollo vs SVB (Race to 75) 9 ball (22-24 Sep)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was a at least a 3-game favorite on this one imo.
Dennis has not been playing all that well.

It came down to the last good safe. I hate the short clock . And it looked like Dennis got two timeouts in one rack. Ugh!
Idk if SVB missed that long cut or if he played safe. Looked like a 2way shot to me. He was bbq’ed bad he made it. He over cut it by a hair but with the buckets it could have went in.

It looked like 2 extensions to me-that was clear. One on the break and again on the next shot.

Shane didn’t have to win-that’s certain. The double hill dry break is another thing that went SVB’s way.

Shane looked super tired. He’s been going hard and needs a week off. Denis didn’t appear as tired. But I only watched 4 racks.

Looking forward to them locking horns again. Gambol 🎰🎰

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was a at least a 3-game favorite on this one imo.
Dennis has not been playing all that well.

It came down to the last good safe. I hate the short clock . And it looked like Dennis got two timeouts in one rack. Ugh!
3 game favorite to 75 yes I agree.

When they went from 63 to 75 I liked SVB’s chances a little less. I was concerned he’d fade a little towards the end as he just played 2 other long sessions very recently. Mental fatigue and physical.

The longer format favored Denis I thought.

If they played to 25 again tmr. Rip SVB Denis would win imo.

If they were both equally fresh-I think SVB is playing stronger than Denis at this time. That’s subject to change-external reasons.

Betting on this match isn’t about betting on pool, it’s about betting on the players and what you know about the players. These guys play pool about the same.

Best
Fatboy 🎰

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A picture is worth a thousand words.

309008377_190684556671106_9202227880983065986_n.jpg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB Looks like he’s 63 in that pic. I’d be scared what that camera would do to me-it wouldn’t be good. 🫣🫣

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
9B I’m not sure.
From AtLarge's stats:

Balls Pocketed:
Van Boening -- 127 on the break, 537 not on the break, 664 in total
Orcollo -- 90 on the break, 531 not on the break, 621 in total
[Includes 14 by Van Boening on breaking fouls, 5 by Orcollo on breaking fouls, 1 by Orcollo on a foul after the break, and 1 by Orcollo on a slopped-in ball.]

Average number of balls made on the break:
Van Boening -- 1.7 on all breaks, 1.8 on successful breaks
Orcollo -- 1.2 on all breaks, 1.4 on successful breaks

That's a pretty dominant break lol

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From AtLarge's stats:

Balls Pocketed:
Van Boening -- 127 on the break, 537 not on the break, 664 in total
Orcollo -- 90 on the break, 531 not on the break, 621 in total
[Includes 14 by Van Boening on breaking fouls, 5 by Orcollo on breaking fouls, 1 by Orcollo on a foul after the break, and 1 by Orcollo on a slopped-in ball.]

Average number of balls made on the break:
Van Boening -- 1.7 on all breaks, 1.8 on successful breaks
Orcollo -- 1.2 on all breaks, 1.4 on successful breaks

That's a pretty dominant break lol
Wow 100% for sure in this session. I didn’t see these stats or the match. It’s clear he out broke him by a lot this match.

The daily stats would be interesting as well.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those stats could be used in a lottery. Why aren't there super sets? What I mean is action on any pertinent marker along the way, like every 10, every x amount ahead, lead changes, half way, packs and stacks... Granted the two in question stayed on the gas the whole way but there's so much wasted opportunity for viewer involvement. A race to 30 could be a sweepstakes.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those stats could be used in a lottery. Why aren't there super sets? What I mean is action on any pertinent marker along the way, like every 10, every x amount ahead, lead changes, half way, packs and stacks... Granted the two in question stayed on the gas the whole way but there's so much wasted opportunity for viewer involvement. A race to 30 could be a sweepstakes.
On the rail we used to have a match then bet on each rack. Constant action every rack

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow 100% for sure in this session. I didn’t see these stats or the match. It’s clear he out broke him by a lot this match.

The daily stats would be interesting as well.
Balls Pocketed:
[The numbers in parentheses are illegally pocketed balls included in the preceding numbers; they would not count in something like a TPA. Each line shows balls made on the break, then balls made after the break, then the total.]

Day 1
Van Boening -- 45 (3), 168, 213 (3)​
Orcollo -- 26 (4), 169, 195 (4)​
Day 2
Van Boening -- 35 (9), 179, 214 (9)​
Orcollo -- 25 (1), 131 (1), 156 (2)​
Day 3
Van Boening -- 47 (2), 190, 237 (2)​
Orcollo -- 39, 231 (1), 270 (1)​
3-Day Total
Van Boening -- 127 (14), 537, 664 (14)​
Orcollo -- 90 (5), 531 (2), 621 (7)​

Last edited:

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 game favorite to 75 yes I agree.

When they went from 63 to 75 I liked SVB’s chances a little less. I was concerned he’d fade a little towards the end as he just played 2 other long sessions very recently. Mental fatigue and physical.

The longer format favored Denis I thought.

If they played to 25 again tmr. Rip SVB Denis would win imo.

If they were both equally fresh-I think SVB is playing stronger than Denis at this time. That’s subject to change-external reasons.

Betting on this match isn’t about betting on pool, it’s about betting on the players and what you know about the players. These guys play pool about the same.

Best
Fatboy 🎰
That was my thoughts at the end of day 2.
Shane was catching a gear just in time to get shut down for the day.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was my thoughts at the end of day 2.
Shane was catching a gear just in time to get shut down for the day.
He was spent.

I had already booked my bets when it changed to 75. I stood by the action as I still liked SVB to win, but as I said I didn’t like it as much. Coming off those last 2 matches I knew he was subject to not be as sharp as he was last week. So the longer format certainly favored Denis. If they would have pushed it to race to 100 then I wouldn’t have stayed in those bets as that much of change would in this case switch Denis to being the favorite.

Format is a big part of betting pool, sometimes it’s bigger than other times.

If this would have been one race to 21 or 25 SVB was a 1-2 rack favorite. That’s the line I’d have out on it. In theory. A race to 100 probably Denis would be a 4-5 game favorite. Only this week because SVB had played so much.

As I mentioned if they were both fresh I’d take SVB in a race to 100 and make him the favorite. Next time they play, I don’t know. I’ll figure that out then.

Best
Fatboy <———-got lucky today 😅

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was spent.

I had already booked my bets when it changed to 75. I stood by the action as I still liked SVB to win, but as I said I didn’t like it as much. Coming off those last 2 matches I knew he was subject to not be as sharp as he was last week. So the longer format certainly favored Denis. If they would have pushed it to race to 100 then I wouldn’t have stayed in those bets as that much of change would in this case switch Denis to being the favorite.

Format is a big part of betting pool, sometimes it’s bigger than other times.

If this would have been one race to 21 or 25 SVB was a 1-2 rack favorite. That’s the line I’d have out on it. In theory. A race to 100 probably Denis would be a 4-5 game favorite. Only this week because SVB had played so much.

As I mentioned if they were both fresh I’d take SVB in a race to 100 and make him the favorite. Next time they play, I don’t know. I’ll figure that out then.

Best
Fatboy <———-got lucky today 😅
I agree with all parts on that.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any idea why the videos were removed from YouTube? Didn't get to see the final day :(
I think they had some sub only videos. These might have gone there. They might want to sell the matches too. There are literally dozens of free apps that can grab Youtubes and Facebook and letting them stream would be like leaving them out on the sidewalk.