Somebody please explain this 3 ball game posted by Fatboy

Rospaw1966

Fatboy posted this link in "You tube" topic post #39. I watched it but don't know the rules/game play of THIS 3 ball game. Thanks

PracticeChampion

That 3 ball game I have no clue but our 3 ball around here you break from the kitchen and try your best to make balls on break cause whoever makes all 3 balls in less strokes win and If atleast 2 people tie in amount of shots it takes then it Carry's over, we play $5 a round and usually have 5-6 people so if it Carry's over a few times it adds up quick.

Rospaw1966

That 3 ball game I have no clue but our 3 ball around here you break from the kitchen and try your best to make balls on break cause whoever makes all 3 balls in less strokes win and If atleast 2 people tie in amount of shots it takes then it Carry's over, we play $5 a round and usually have 5-6 people so if it Carry's over a few times it adds up quick.
That is the game i have played but this one has me scratching my head ! lol I watched 40 mins of it and STILL could not figure it out

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like they're playing for about $100 for each three-ball rack.

Maybe: any order, last ball wins? Loser rotates out. Scratches lose? Slop counts.

There seems to be side betting.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s normal 3 ball.

This game they are playing in theses Brazilian videos. I can’t figure out the rules

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like they're playing for about $100 for each three-ball rack.

Maybe: any order, last ball wins? Loser rotates out. Scratches lose? Slop counts.

There seems to be side betting.
There’s loads of side action. Some videos the rails are covered with post money.

They break the balls safe and send the CB up table. They take no time to rack careful as breaking isn’t that important.

I’ve watched these guys a lot and can’t figure it out. They are playing sets and also betting by the game.

Some of the rooms everyone is wearing a coat as it’s cold and others are in warm areas. I’ve seen many different rooms on lots of the videos.

I just can’t figure out the rules. Looks like fun!

Best
Fatboy😃

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I think on the 3 ball games only the person shooting the last ball in wins the dough.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
That’s normal 3 ball.

This game they are playing in theses Brazilian videos. I can’t figure out the rules

I think I figured it out. First you yell at each other. Then you count your stash on the rail. Then you pour powder on the table. You knock the balls around trying very hard not to make them, even if your opponent leaves you set up. Last one to leave turns off the lights.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I figured it out. First you yell at each other. Then you count your stash on the rail. Then you pour powder on the table. You knock the balls around trying very hard not to make them, even if your opponent leaves you set up. Last one to leave turns off the lights.
That’s what I thought 😂😂😂😂

I love the powder on the rails and all the cash. I’ve been waiting for a gunman to come in and hit a lick and clean them all out. That shit happens in Brazil. So far I haven’t seen that happen. I’ve watched hours of that game and I’m ready to start playing again and go there. I’ve seen only one guy who could play-he was beating everyone one handed.

Those guys are blasting off all that cash and can’t play. It looks like fun to me!!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There’s loads of side action. Some videos the rails are covered with post money.

They break the balls safe and send the CB up table. They take no time to rack careful as breaking isn’t that important.

I’ve watched these guys a lot and can’t figure it out. They are playing sets and also betting by the game.

Some of the rooms everyone is wearing a coat as it’s cold and others are in warm areas. I’ve seen many different rooms on lots of the videos.

I just can’t figure out the rules. Looks like fun!

Best
Fatboy😃
The table is slow…about three lengths.

Rospaw1966

The table is slow…about three lengths.
Yeah .... The table looks like it plays like a mud bog lol
Back to the game play ..... I was somewhat hesitant to post a "what the hell are they playing" topic with a hours of video and a game that has 3 balls but i'm glad i did. I watched dozens of the game being played with no luck. I thought last pocket / your side or end of table/ Numbered ball to a certain pocket (pockets numbered) / you have to shoot so many times / cue or ball must strike so many rails ! BUT going by the betting and the balls that i saw pocketed .......I"M IN against any of those that i saw shoot!
I still want to know the rules. We are always looking for quick ring games to play with buddies.

From what I found on Reddit, Bolinho, last ball in as wins (as @skogstokig said). Pockets are 6 cm (2.36") and balls are 5.4 cm (2.13"), which gives you an about an 1/8" clearance on either side if you hit center pocket. Add in the beer glasses on the table, the yelling, etc. (not sure how the rules cover all that).

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I think all the lint is covered by chalk and talc or what ever white powder they have in Brazil……😂
Whatever that white powder is! lol I haven't watched the whole video or read this entire thread, but I would like to know the rules.