What is the next game for Alex and Tony?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I wonder where the money came from for the last gruge match, do not think it was Players Money. Hope the winner don't forget to pay the IRS, or his silent backer/partner will want their portion, or he could be guest in Tax Court.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If Alex and Tony were to play again, what is the game?
10/8
Money odds
Games in a race
Or do they just leave each other alone?

I'm sure Alex has backers at the ready for the same game or 10/8. Tony probably does not unless the game has a huge adjustment

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if I could stand it but playing to the last ball every rack for total balls would be interesting. The session they just did would be 324 to 288. I think it would bring to bear all the pool skills they got. And they wouldn't have to spot balls up.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10/8
Money odds
Games in a race
So the same game is fair. It is up to Tony to (no disrespect) get in shape (drop a few lbs) and try again. Anyone who requires 30+- breaks in a match is not "game tight" ( not against Alex). My opinion

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Alex the best he could hope for is the same game.

For Tony finding a different opponent is the best option.

Reactions: bbb

Stevexjfe

Well for Tony it's tough, since 2016 in challenge matches: 0-3 to Alex, 0-2 to Bustie & 1-2 to Dennis, other than a rematch with Dennis, which doesn't look likely any time soon, seeking out other opponents may be the best option. But fair do's to Tony for matching up against these three guys, no other American has really done it other than Scott. 👍

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well for Tony it's tough, since 2016 in challenge matches: 0-2 to Alex, 0-2 to Bustie & 1-2 to Dennis, so other opponents may be the best option. But fair duos to Tony for matching up against these three guys, no other American has really done it other than Scott. 👍

also lost to filler, and beat shane

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10/8
Money odds
Games in a race
10/8 9/8

Or they leave each other alone

Those are the 2 likely scenarios. I think the latter is less likely. I think they play again

I really expected this to be closer. I can’t imagine spotting Tony anything. But Alex sure can. I hope they play again. Great to see 2 amazing players locking horns.

Best
Fatboy 😃

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Anyone who requires 30+- breaks in a match is not "game tight" ( not against Alex). My opinion
While you did say it's an opinion (and that's totally valid) I think (my opinion) it's more to get your head right and concentrating again after such a grueling match. Taking a break and putting an opponent on ice is a valid strategy in such a long 1P race. I don't really know him other than briefly talking to him a bit, but Tony seems to take breaks frequently at events and he didn't look wore out or anything when I saw him in person, even a few days into a tournament. I think it's just relaxing the muscle between the ears more than anything. High stakes 1P with such good players is very draining mentally.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know what the spot needs to be, but I won’t be betting on Tony again!! Buyer’s Remorse!!! 🤪
3rd time is the charm j/k 😁💪👍

I lost about 20 sweat bets in a row a couple years ago. Well maybe longer-my time line is kinda messed up from the lockdowns. But honestly I couldn’t win a bet period. No matter what I lost. Now the last 5-6 months I’ve only lost a couple pool bets. Funny how streaks go. I just like the action. I got Alex on this one because it was the first bet that popped up. I’d have bet the other way had that popped up.

All I’ve learned all these years about gambling is-ya never know. Don’t let the highs be to high and the lows to low. As long as you’re not laying any juice it’s not a losing proposition to stay in action. Betting 11 to win 10 is bad action.

Best
Fatboy 🎰🎰