Tom Kollins and The School For Straight Pool

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched the Dallas West runs 100 balls video on several occasions but this time around, this gentleman's name caught my attention more so than before. Is he the guy who does the introduction and co-commentary? Anyone have any details on The School for Straight Pool? Was it just personal coaching from him for other players? Were there any books published? Where was it even located if there was such a thing as a classroom just for straight pool?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've watched the Dallas West runs 100 balls video on several occasions but this time around, this gentleman's name caught my attention more so than before. Is he the guy who does the introduction and co-commentary? Anyone have any details on The School for Straight Pool? Was it just personal coaching from him for other players? Were there any books published? Where was it even located if there was such a thing as a classroom just for straight pool?
Tom Kollins travelled doing his school but also had a home room. There were no books but he did have a handout in his classes. I believe he has been discussed before here.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And here is my graduation picture from 1977. I had hair then.

Thanks to Mary Kenniston for the post and Tom Kollins for the picture.

Kollins_141_class_photo_1977.jpg

Howard Clair, Dave Hansel, Bob Bolmgren, Gene Corbit, Phil Stangeland & Bob Jewett (that was probably Blomgren and Corbett)

Here is the original Facebook post: