Mosconi cup

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First match tomorrow will be a singles match, fans choice. Guessing it will be SVB vs Filler, although you can never count out the fans picking Earl.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All and all a great day for Team USA. But you will recall we’ve started with the day one lead before and it fell apart on days two and three. For me tomorrow is the key. Can USA maintain the same momentum they had today?

I really like the team spirit and unity I am seeing from the US side. The positive energy just looks different than in past years, and the hugely supportive crowd is helping them. In the last match Skylar was everywhere, encouraging his team mates and out in the arena leading the crowd in cheers and song.

And Earl is really part of this team, unlike in past years when he was MIA when not playing. Shane is zeroed in, Tyler has matured, Skylar is solid as a rock and Oscar looks ready this year too. Earl appears enthusiastic but so far his play has been spotty.

Winning two hill-hill matches has to be a huge boost to US confidence. Skylar missed a relatively easy nine ball that could have proven costly, but he shook it off, breaking and running the next rack.

The US has the momentum going into day two. But team Europe is not going away. Just too much talent on that team. I see the US side being put to the test tomorrow. Every match will be a battle!

It’s crazy how many twists and turns there can be in a little race to five. Very few break and runs. More games start with safety play or a push out. In short, 9-Ball works here. Lots of exciting play today.

I hesitate to mention it because I don’t want to complain about a great event, but the mis-colored balls is still confusing for audience members, as I hear those around me explaining the colors to their seat mates. You can say this is a minor problem, but why not correct it if you can. Just saying

Last edited:

telinoz

Registered
Was that Billy Thorpe, with no shirt?
Worth a caption:

317621317_2338133966356654_586109327481014852_n.jpg

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hesitate to mention it because I don’t want to complain about a great event, but the mis-colored balls is still confusing for audience members, as I hear those around me explaining the colors to their seat mates. You can say this is a minor problem, but why not correct it if you can. Just saying

I completely agree with this. Obviously not bothering any of the players but this was just a piss poor idea of making that 5 ball purple. Go back to original colors for god's sake.