Safe way to pay for Items purchased on AZ Billiards

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

What is the safest method to use for purchasing items on AZ, from indivuals?

What payment methods do you Guys use?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
then dont send any money to a screen name.
send to:

people who give you a name you can find on the net with an address;
seeing real time or close to it a pic of the product. and perhaps a pic of him with the product.
doing business with those that have positive ratings
people with lots of posts here and been around for a few years
getting a phone number and actually talking with the seller and verify that phone number corresponds to what you see with his name on a search with google.
use paypal with a credit card and get double protection.
just for a start. there are more.

i cant imagine those sending money to someone they dont even know their name or where they live. then you simply get what you deserve. as a sucker is born every minute.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

you've been on here 17yrs and you don't know how to safely pay for stuff?? PP goods-n-services. do NOT buy using friends-family unless you know the person really well. even then GS is still the way to go.

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

you've been on here 17yrs and you don't know how to safely pay for stuff?? PP goods-n-services. do NOT buy using friends-family unless you know the person really well. even then GS is still the way to go.
Thanks!

I inquired because there may be some new, easier and safer way? AZ might had even established a service or app.

I didn't know. So I inquired?

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
send to:

seeing real time or close to it a pic of the product. and perhaps a pic of him with the product.
getting a phone number and actually talking with the seller and verify that phone number corresponds to what you see with his name on a search with google.

i cant imagine those sending money to someone they dont even know their name or where they live. then you simply get what you deserve. as a sucker is born every minute.
Hi Maha,

Thanks, great info.

I usually purchase from companies if its over the net.

For hobby things if its used I will buy from a seller in CA. So, I can:
1. Meet them in person
2. Inspect the item during meeting
3. And pay if I decide to purchase

A couple of things I'm purchasing are from out of state sellers. Just checking with the community to see if new or safer technology was available?

Thanks again, you were very helpful.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
PayPal,each seller has reputation you can view on transactions, not as good as it once was but still there,

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

World-renowned cuemaker Kevin Varney had suggested cash in an envelope, sent through the regular U.S. Mail.

I believe he preferred 20s and 50s.

cash.jpg

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as being safe, I only deal with established members with positive feedback from other established members. I don’t even bother with members if they don’t fill that criteria. I also don’t deal with anyone thats only been here a short time even if their feedback is good. I don’t care how good of a price it is. If it sounds too good to be true, I leave it alone.

When I sell, I offer pictures of the item with a piece of paper actually touching the item. On that piece of paper, I write my screen name on AZ and the name of the person interested in the item. I sometimes include email if that’s how we’re corresponding.

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
send to:

Hi Maha,

Thanks, great info.

I usually purchase from companies if its over the net.

For hobby things if its used I will buy from a seller in CA. So, I can:
1. Meet them in person
2. Inspect the item during meeting
3. And pay if I decide to purchase

A couple of things I'm purchasing are from out of state sellers. Just checking with the community to see if new or safer technology was available?

Thanks again, you were very helpful.
PayPal,each seller has reputation you can view on transactions, not as good as it once was but still there,
Hi Texas,

I appreciate the recommendation.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just don't want to get taken advantage of. Looking for smooth transactions?
I would start by researching the seller that you're considering doing business with. Check their feedback, ask around, etc. There are some fantastic folks to deal with here at AZB. Unfortunately, no site is without the occasional unscrupulous individual. I can't stress enough...do your homework. An ounce of prevention is worth potentially several thousand dollars worth of cure.
Best regards.
Joe P

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would start by researching the seller that you're considering doing business with. Check their feedback, ask around, etc. There are some fantastic folks to deal with here at AZB. Unfortunately, no site is without the occasional unscrupulous individual. I can't stress enough...do your homework. An ounce of prevention is worth potentially several thousand dollars worth of cure.
Best regards.
Joe P
Thanks j2pac. Solid information.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bought and sold a few items here, and on fishing forums. Mostly always just sent a check, and asked for a check, or postal money order in return. To top it off, on items I have sold, if I felt comfortable, just sent it out before payment was received. Heck, I had a cuemaker send me a cue before actually receiving payment. Sometimes you just gotta trust, but I never have trust in a new poster that just joined when my add went up. Had that once on here sadly, not only that, but the person was a real jerk when I told him I didn't want to do business with him. Another member on here complained about him at the same time also, and I guess my instincts were right as he disappeared as fast as he had joined. I look at it this way, for something small, say under $100, if a long term member is willing to ruin their reputation for that amount by stiffing you, so be it.

Last edited: