Mosconi cup

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well he made the shot straight to the hole.

What you should be hating was the inexplicable powerslam on the other 8 ball.
I'm not sure. He has a bit of vanity in him. Go back and watch it, he was bobbing his head up and down and walks over for a micro sip of water. That's the kid of shit Filler does. You don't see Shane do that kind of stuff ever except on rare occasion when the 9 is a hanger. He had the game in his grasp. Too much crowd play, not enough focus. I'm sticking to my story.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doe anyone's know what pocket size is matchroom using for Mosconi, seems to me that they are actually going to use 4" pockets and 4.75 sides, but haven't found any info about it
4 and 4.5

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure. He has a bit of vanity in him. Go back and watch it, he was bobbing his head up and down and walks over for a micro sip of water. That's the kid of shit Filler does. You don't see Shane do that kind of stuff ever except on rare occasion when the 9 is a hanger. He had the game in his grasp. Too much crowd play, not enough focus. I'm sticking to my story.

he wasn't nodding as in "right i got straight in, now i gotta draw"? it was kinda out of picture. if it was another premature celebration, that was stupid.. there was still work to be done

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Well he made the shot straight to the hole.

What you should be hating was the inexplicable powerslam on the other 8 ball.
I'm not hating on Tyler at all. I did mention the 4 railer. I went back and watched the miss on the 8 ball. He did not shoot it straight in the hole. His shot went wide and hit the outside point.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
he wasn't nodding as in "right i got straight in, now i gotta draw"? it was kinda out of picture. if it was another premature celebration, that was stupid.. there was still work to be done
Right. Camera left he was bopping his head in excitement. What I'm saying is that's the time to bare down and curb your enthusiasm. I was also wrong about the sip of water, that was a different rack.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Nevertheless, we didn't lose the Cup just because of that last match. We fought hard and came up short. Some strange rolls and several sets where we were up 3-0. Earl had flashes of greatness on day two. Filler was dominant and so was Shaw. We needed Skyler to win vs Alcaide and Shane to win vs Shaw. Three losses in a row and it's a wrap.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nevertheless, we didn't lose the Cup just because of that last match. We fought hard and came up short. Some strange rolls and several sets where we were up 3-0. Earl had flashes of greatness on day two. Filler was dominant and so was Shaw. We needed Skyler to win vs Alcaide and Shane to win vs Shaw. Three losses in a row and it's a wrap.
I don’t recall several sets that we were up 3–0 that we lost. Only Earl in his match against Shaw. I think we did blow one 4-2 lead as well.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Tyler played very well most of the time but I'm sure he would love to have back that 4 railer and 8 ball. The one thing I noticed about the 8 ball is when he made the 7 ball he got hyped up with the crowd, grabbed a drink of water and broke his concentration. Had he just stayed at the table, bared down really hard and stayed focused it could have been different. I really don't like all the pre out premature celebrations, both sides do it. I'm always hoping the Euro's miss the 8 or 9 when they celebrate prematurely.

Tyler lost his focus. He will learn from it.
All due respect-if you’re on the Mcup that’s not the place to learn. It’s a place for people who have “learned” to compete. There’s no excuse in the world to miss BIH on the 8 to get to the hill breaking.

Best
Fatboy

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
All due respect-if you’re on the Mcup that’s not the place to learn. It’s a place for people who have “learned” to compete. There’s no excuse in the world to miss BIH on the 8 to get to the hill breaking.

Best
Fatboy
Fatboy - Were you in the crowd? I thought I heard you were going to be there.

Anyway, I agree with what you are saying. I really was trying to be as nice as possible. Tyler has really come a long way with his game. I'd much prefer they all stay super focused and not get caught up in the hype. I'm sure Jeremy will train that out of them next year if he's willing to be Capt. again. I really don't like the premature celebrations even if it's a gimmie 9 ball. I love it when the Euro's do it because one of these days they will hang one ... at least that's my hope.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
And I really don't like when they jump on the table after winning the Cup. One of these days that cheap table is going to collapse and break someone's leg.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't like the premature celebrations even if it's a gimmie 9 ball. I love it when the Euro's do it because one of these days they will hang one ... at least that's my hope.
It’s what athletes do these days in all sports – team and individual. Only in golf do you not see it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy - Were you in the crowd? I thought I heard you were going to be there.

Anyway, I agree with what you are saying. I really was trying to be as nice as possible. Tyler has really come a long way with his game. I'd much prefer they all stay super focused and not get caught up in the hype. I'm sure Jeremy will train that out of them next year if he's willing to be Capt. again. I really don't like the premature celebrations even if it's a gimmie 9 ball. I love it when the Euro's do it because one of these days they will hang one ... at least that's my hope.
Yes I was 2-3 rows up next to Billy Thorpe over by the cameras-opposite end from where the players were sitting. Foot end of the table.

Tyler sure has came along way, he’s a solid player, but he has to figure out what happened. Can’t miss those shots in those situations. Ever. At that level. Sure we have all missed BIH, it happens. But on the big stage under the lights? I can’t give that a pass.

The pre-celebration then miss the $ ball? I’ve seen that a few times in the cocaine days in big $ games with pretty strong players. And yup they missed. Mid to late 80’s. I’ve never done coke, or acted like I made a ball before I did-feels like a jinx to me.

We’ll see what happens next year. I’m looking forward to it for sure!

Best
Fatboy

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
It’s what athletes do these days in all sports – team and individual. Only in golf do you not see it.
I agree, most team sports do it. Football for example, Receivers have dances for 1st downs and they do them even if they are down like 38 to 3. Defensive Ends have sack dances. I get it. Golf is similar to pool requiring concentration and precision. Pool is cerebral and missing and making a ball can come down to a millimeter. It's very precise and requires extreme concentration. therefore in pool, you should celebrate only after you win a game or a match .. and maybe even if you have a hanging nine ball, but never should you celebrate when you make a ball in the middle of a run out.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B74E09CF-1A91-4C64-BE80-C6191A756334.jpeg

Bobby Cotton in the middle.

VVP

Registered
I think people need to give Tyler a break. He was trying to get perfect position on the 9 and drew too hard on the 8 causing the ball to rattle. I don't think he missed because of premature celebration. If there is any fault in his choice it's that he should have taken a more difficult shot on the 9 like Filler did.

It was a nice Mosconi cup. Nerves got rattled at the end, but that what great about the mental part of the game.