Predator rack vs delta 13

Sleeperls

Looking for a new rack. Table came with a wore out wooden rack and cheap plastic rack. I can get the balls tighter with the cheap rack. Use acurack on 9 ball.

Not much comes up on the search. If I did the delta I'd buy some leather and make own inserts.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a new rack. Table came with a wore out wooden rack and cheap plastic rack. I can get the balls tighter with the cheap rack. Use acurack on 9 ball.

Not much comes up on the search. If I did the delta I'd buy some leather and make own inserts.
Been using the polymer Diamond rack lately. Works great.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brother i don't remember what i had for breakfast. keepin tabs on me or what? all i need is a fkng forum stalker. ;)

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Predator rack has three "feet" which causes me concern that they will eventually wear three "spots" on the table. For triangles I like any of the Diamond racks. Personally, I'm using the Perma-rack system now with the page savers mounted on my cloth. I've been using this system for 4 months now and really like the convenience. My walnut Diamond rack is getting jealous hanging on the wall.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I use the Predator rack and am very happy with it. No marks on the table and super easy to get a tight rack very quickly.

Sleeperls

After using the predator for a week now not real impressed with the ball tightness. Takes a couple tries. Big benefit is how easy it comes off the balls.

Even with tight fingers at the back usually a gap between the 1 and usually another ball or two. Roll it back and forth a few times and tighten it up again until the balls decide to agree. Aramith premiums rather new

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After using the predator for a week now not real impressed with the ball tightness. Takes a couple tries. Big benefit is how easy it comes off the balls.

Even with tight fingers at the back usually a gap between the 1 and usually another ball or two. Roll it back and forth a few times and tighten it up again until the balls decide to agree. Aramith premiums rather new
Have you tried the Delta 13 Elite with their leather inserts? I get excellent results racking 8 or 9 ball.

(Using premium balls, of course.)

Reactions: bbb

Sleeperls

Have you tried the Delta 13 Elite with their leather inserts? I get excellent results racking 8 or 9 ball.

That was my toss up. I'll prob grab the delta soon. Went with the predator after watching a couple vids on it. But it isn't living up to my expectations. Can get the same results faster on my wore out wood rack

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

(y)(y)
highly recommended
need the leather inserts or buy earplugs