Nashville TN area pool halls/tournaments

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flying to Nashville on super bowl sunday,12th, heading home Friday evening. Funny thing is that of all the trips I have been on this is the first time I am doing a local sign seeing thing that is not a pool hall LOL, heading to see Studio B and the Country Music HOF as part of that. Don't listen to any country but had to get that to visit the studio.

I will be heading to the Nashville area, La Verge specifically, in January. Looks like the trip will be week of Feb 6th if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up. Send me a PM with a phone # and I'll get in touch when I'm there.

Anyone live or know the area where to head to play, hopefully with 9 footers and a tournament I can play in?
My trips tend to be Sunday through Thursday.

Don't see anything really good in the area so far, H-Cues looks interesting, but the tables are a bit underwhelming to say the least. They look like someone built them in their backyard out of garbage cans and old workshop tables.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

BlueRaider

Registered
H Cue's tables aren't bad. I believe they are oversized 8' Steepletons. They keep them in good shape overall.

If you're looking for 9'ers, JOB Billiards in Madison has a few, as does Fat Willie's in Murfreesboro.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go to JOB's take a gas mask if you don't smoke. Hell, i'm a cigar smoker so i'm used to smoke but that place is brutal. It is a no-shit poolroom but they need to go non-smoking.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J0B’s is IT-NOTHING else worth trying. Bunches of tables and worth your time just to see it, imo.
I live 30 miles north. I say it is the LAST of only 3ish old school nostalgia room left in the US

BlueRaider

Registered
If you go to JOB's take a gas mask if you don't smoke. Hell, i'm a cigar smoker so i'm used to smoke but that place is brutal. It is a no-shit poolroom but they need to go non-smoking.
Ever been to Melrose Billiards in Nashville? Not sure how it is under the “new” (past 6 years or so) owners but back in the day it was the smokiest place I have ever been. JOB is horrific but somehow Melrose edged it out.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When was the last time you were there?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually play on the 9' table on the lower level. If I get there early enough, I can fade the smell for a few hours till the hard-core smokers' crawl in. I get into town twice a year for work. Sometimes I drive to Bowling Green to play

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why? is it non-smoking now? its been a few yrs. smokiest room i'd ever been in.
The room on the lower level is non-smoking for tournaments. There is a new air handling system and it is much better . I have not smoked in 40 tears and it does not seem to bother me.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennessee non-smoking? Not likely anytime soon.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the trip will be week of Feb 6th if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up. Send me a PM with a phone # and I'll get in touch when I'm there. I'm not much for gambling but I am on an expense account so you can probably get a few free drinks from me, as long as I don't have to play much one pocket LOL

Found this place also near the city I'll be in https://tntsbilliards.com/ but look to be coin 7 footers which is probably my least favorite thing even if they are Diamonds hehe.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
45 minutes away in Clarksville, we have Classic Cue and Night Deposit.
CC is all diamond bar box, non-smoking, and lots of action.
ND has 3, 9' Diamonds and a slew of both Diamond and Valley BBs.
It's smokey, but the only public 9 footers in town.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That may be a bit too far from where I'll be, it's over an hour one way from La Vernge which is the area I'll be in.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Night Deposit , best action around !!!!!

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
H-cues is a fun place, but the tables are a bit old, they're 8', and the lighting seems a bit substandard. Plus they only have four tables total so it's easy to have to wait at times. But they are non-smoking and they do host regular tournaments.

JOBs is very smoky, so I haven't been back in years. It's also in Madison which would make it an easy 45 mins from La Vergne. Fat Willie's in Murfreesboro is also very smoky. The one time I went there it was early in the day and no one else was in there, but the entire place still smelled like one giant ash tray.

TNTs might be closest to you, but they had without a doubt the dirtiest tables I've ever seen. The cloth looked some sort of blue/black hybrid there's so much gunk on there, and it all comes off onto your hand and then onto your stuff/clothes. I've been there once and will never go back.

MJs in Murfreesboro is non-smoking, clean, and very nice with a bar, music, darts and cornhole, and large TVs. But all 7' tables.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J0B’s is IT-NOTHING else worth trying. Bunches of tables and worth your time just to see it, imo.
I live 30 miles north. I say it is the LAST of only 3ish old school nostalgia room left in the US
I wouldn't fret the old school pool room dying out just yet. There must be hundreds across the country.

I was in Alabama not too long ago and saw the freakiest old time room I ever seen.

I swear to god, if I hung out there I would have to stop smoking crack or I'd fall into madness.